Finally booked the cruise we won!

We won a free 7 night Caribbean cruise at Bingo while we were on the 6/29/14 sailing of the Allure. We thought perhaps we'd try the Southern Caribbean, but the airfares were killers, and frankly I didn't think it was worth spending over $1500 to take our "free" cruise. So out of Florida it is. We decided on the Oasis in February, since we had been so spoiled on the Allure and wanted the same kind of experience.

On the cruise certificate, you had to list your three top choices, and send it in. I was anticipating that the cruise line would choose the least expensive of our choices, with an inside cabin. Wrong. They gave us our first choice, the Oasis, and put us in an ocean view (the free cruise does not include a balcony, and although we had one on the Allure, it isn't a big deal to me). They do charge you port charges and gratuities, but I fully expected that. When I called to pay, I was pleasantly surprised. They treated us like we were full paying customers, and were lovely to deal with.

Thank you, Royal Caribbean. Maybe we can with another one on the Oasis in February!

my dw won a free cruise when we were on the Jewel when we booked they gave us our first choice also (oasis) and only had to pay $300 it upgrade to balcony. They told us that this cruise would not count toward our cruise status even though we paid for upgrade because of winning it at bingo but we will still get all the on board perks of being platinum. congrats on your win and booking and enjoy

We won a free 7 night Caribbean cruise at Bingo while we were on the 6/29/14 sailing of the Allure. We thought perhaps we'd try the Southern Caribbean, but the airfares were killers, and frankly I didn't think it was worth spending over $1500 to take our "free" cruise. So out of Florida it is. We decided on the Oasis in February, since we had been so spoiled on the Allure and wanted the same kind of experience.

On the cruise certificate, you had to list your three top choices, and send it in. I was anticipating that the cruise line would choose the least expensive of our choices, with an inside cabin. Wrong. They gave us our first choice, the Oasis, and put us in an ocean view (the free cruise does not include a balcony, and although we had one on the Allure, it isn't a big deal to me). They do charge you port charges and gratuities, but I fully expected that. When I called to pay, I was pleasantly surprised. They treated us like we were full paying customers, and were lovely to deal with.

Thank you, Royal Caribbean. Maybe we can with another one on the Oasis in February!

I won a t-shirt at bingo on oasis LOL, congrats you will have an awesome time on Oasis it's an amazing ship!

my dw won a free cruise when we were on the Jewel when we booked they gave us our first choice also (oasis) and only had to pay $300 it upgrade to balcony. They told us that this cruise would not count toward our cruise status even though we paid for upgrade because of winning it at bingo but we will still get all the on board perks of being platinum. congrats on your win and booking and enjoy

The time that I won at Bingo we also had to submit 3 dates and got an ocean view on Oasis during the Diamonds in December. We got zero points for this cruise instead of double points for Diamond members sailing in December.

We were told that if we had paid for an upgrade we would indeed have received double points.

It wasn't all that important to us but might make a difference to others.