Favorite food you cannot deny yourself

treasure4two

As I get ready to go on a Carnival cruise on Aug. 31, hoping to not gain too much weight, I thought of the one food that I could not deny myself every day! It is something very small, but so delicious and something I do not eat on a daily basis at home, trying to watch my weight.

What is yours? Mine, are those delicious, little round breakfast pastries that have like lemon or raspberry jelly in the center.:D:D:):):D

As I get ready to go on a Carnival cruise on Aug. 31, hoping to not gain too much weight, I thought of the one food that I could not deny myself every day! It is something very small, but so delicious and something I do not eat on a daily basis at home, trying to watch my weight.

What is yours? Mine, are those delicious, little round breakfast pastries that have like lemon or raspberry jelly in the center.:D:D:):):D

Lobster! Not every day, but for sure four out of the seven meals in some form. It's too expensive and I don't know how to cook it. So I always take advantage of a cruise line chef to indulge!

In my real life, non-cruising life I never have dessert either when we go out to dinner or after a meal at home. On the cruise I WILL have a dessert every night with dinner, and maybe even two :) LOL

I actually had the key lime pie for the first time IN MY LIFE on Splendor in May. Felll in love with it. Can't believe how many opportunities I missed eating it. :(:p There is a chocolate raspberry pie at lunch buffet that is to die for. It's almost like a mousse. Try it, you'll like it! I also put the soft serve ice cream in a salad bowl, pour chocolate sauce from lunch dessert buffet on top, then break in one or two cones. It is so yummy and no drips! :D

I actually had the key lime pie for the first time IN MY LIFE on Splendor in May. Felll in love with it. Can't believe how many opportunities I missed eating it. :(:p There is a chocolate raspberry pie at lunch buffet that is to die for. It's almost like a mousse. Try it, you'll like it! I also put the soft serve ice cream in a salad bowl, pour chocolate sauce from lunch dessert buffet on top, then break in one or two cones. It is so yummy and no drips! :D

Oh, another thing I like to do is get a root beer (I get the bubbles package) and add some vanilla ice cream and make a root beer float. YUMMY!

For Breakfast: 3 eggs over medium. slice a croissant open add a couple of piece of bacon, throw in about two eggs and enjoy a messy delicious breakfast sandwich.

For Lunch: Guys Burger, loaded with jalapenos and mayo. Or Wok Grill with chicken and have them make it as hot as they can. A little secret here: After they cook it I go the to hamburger area and cover the Chinese dish with lots and lots of jalapenos.

Dinner: It really doesn't make a difference. I just had my two most favorite things to eat on a cruise. I am good until next morning

I love the grilled pastrami sandwiches. Yum!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not really one thing but we do take full advantage of getting coffee and whatever breakfast bagel/pastry type item from room service and enjoying the balcony.

BLISS😌

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Oh, another thing I like to do is get a root beer (I get the bubbles package) and add some vanilla ice cream and make a root beer float. YUMMY!

I do this with coffee. Get a big glass and straw from Lido bar, fill with 1/2 coffee, some sugar, then put some vanilla ice cream in to melt. You can put some ice cubes and chocolate ice cream in after the vanilla melts and you have yourself a fancy coffee for $0! ;) (except the cost of the cruise, of course! :rolleyes:)

Oh the pumpkin soup is great, and you have to try Guy's, burgers to die for. Soft serve, tacos, good pot roast, really I eat way too much.

Have never been on a ship with a Guys, but if your ship's Grill (hamburgers and hot dogs) has the chicken fingers, those are really good, esp. with the cheese sauce. Or make some nachos with the chips, chili, cheese sauce and sour cream they have there. Pot roast at lunch buffet has always been very very good. Not fatty and gravy is worthy of being slurped! Their cheesy mashed potatoes at lunch buffet are good too. I'm getting hungry! :o

My must haves are the huge shrimp cocktail, surf & turf, Cesar salad, and cheesecake at the steakhouse. It is a real bummer for me if I am on a Carnival ship without a steakhouse.

In the MDR, my must haves are the roasted stuffed chicken or turkey and the chateau briand. Dessert in the MDR is the coconut layer cake and the WCMC with pecan ice cream. Another MDR must have is the cheese plate that I order as an appetizer and enjoy it with a glass of wine.

I like the idea of the key lime pie. I will have to try it on Lido next cruise.:cool:

If there is a tandoori grill, then that is my place to go for lunch! I also enjoy the indian food in the MDR. If no tandoor grill, then, believe it or not, I love the salad bar! But I load it up with lots of not so salad stuff, so it does not end up being calorie wise, but I do enjoy them. And I have to have bagel and lox from the deli at least once, maybe twice. Chicken fajita sandwich from room service is a treat as well.