Q: Indy Aft Corner Balcony Only For Quad Or Triple ??

F27TW

Seeing in a Indy Cruise Report on here how incredible the balcony space is on these Aft-Corner cabins (specifically 7708 was mentioned) ..

So we called RC last night to try and move to one from our Deck 10 balcony cabin to this one and were told that since its a cabin that accommodates up to 4 that we were not eligible for it since we were only a party of 2. Does this sound legit ??

The cabin is a actually a little bit of a downgrade (smaller) from the Deck 10 balcony (199 vs 184 sq ft) ... so I found that kinda odd that they wouldn't let a party of 2 book it.

Anyone else run into this before? Or have any suggestions about other aft corner balcony cabins with the cool odd-shaped, but over-sized balcony we might try for as a party of 2?

Really like the idea of this kinda balcony, but the girl on the phone was a little unsure of what I was talking about, so I figured I would ask the real authorities on here !

Thanks for the advice, folks!

This policy was announced about a year ago. Royal is not allowing parties of two to reserve certain staterooms that hold 3 or more. I've seen this mostly on D/E balconies. Supposedly, they can relax the policy as the cruise gets closer.

This policy was announced about a year ago. Royal is not allowing parties of two to reserve certain staterooms that hold 3 or more. I've seen this mostly on D/E balconies. Supposedly, they can relax the policy as the cruise gets closer.

Ah, OK so she was tellin us the truth then. Makes sense they'd try and hold them for a larger group that they could make more $ from this far out from the cruise.

Any way to tell If there are any of these types of aft-corner balconies that they will sell to just 2, I wonder ? Doesn't need to be on Deck 7 ....

Would really love to experience one of these!

Ah, OK so she was tellin us the truth then. Makes sense they'd try and hold them for a larger group that they could make more $ from this far out from the cruise.

Any way to tell If there are any of these types of aft-corner balconies that they will sell to just 2, I wonder ? Doesn't need to be on Deck 7 ....

Would really love to experience one of these!

The deck 9 staterooms (9404 & 9704) look like they are for two guests.

We recently wanted to change our cabin category for our upcoming Quantum cruise. There was a D3 that was in a location I liked. So I called C&A to change they told me that the D3's were for 3 or more passengers. And that I couldn't make the change. I would have told them to cancel the booking, but we purchased choice air.

I told them that I could make the booking online for 2 people in a D3. After talking to her supervisor. She told me to put it on hold and they would make the change. I did and they did.

I understand their reasoning but when you can book it online but not on the phone. It is unacceptable.

I think whether or not you can book it is also based on the month you are sailing. Looking at OPs signature, he is going in June, which is prime family time, so I can understand it - other posters who are saying they could book seem to be traveling in off seasons:p

We snagged 7408 on IOS for the May 31st sailing. Just myself and my daughter. They can't move us, can they? I booked it months ago and still 280 days to go!

They can move you if they like, but it's unlikely.

This happened to me as well for Freedom of the Seas. I tried to book cabin 7408 (mirror cabin to 7708) for me and my son, but I was told "no", it was for 3 people. However, they did let me book aft cabin 1400 (also for 3 people) for the same sailing, which I thought was really strange. But I didn't complain! :) We're going during the month of April, 2016, so still quite far out, and also prime Spring Break. Guess it all just depends. On what, who knows. :rolleyes: