Electronic cigarettes

Veslefrikk

I have read that smoking on NCL balconies will be prohibited from November. In the information also was mentioned that elecronic cigarettes were prohibited. I do not understand why? No smell, no risc of fire, no ashtrays.. What is the problem? And who shall make the control, with no cigarette butts and no smell? I wonder...

I have read that smoking on NCL balconies will be prohibited from November. In the information also was mentioned that elecronic cigarettes were prohibited. I do not understand why? No smell, no risc of fire, no ashtrays.. What is the problem? And who shall make the control, with no cigarette butts and no smell? I wonder...

NCL has prohibited E-cigs in areas where cigarettes are prohibited.

Any questions should be addressed to NCL since they made the decision to do this. Any discussion on this board is fruitless.

NCL has prohibited E-cigs in areas where cigarettes are prohibited.

Any questions should be addressed to NCL since they made the decision to do this. Any discussion on this board is fruitless.

Oh yes, and for myself that is no problem as my booked cruise is in October. But if el-cigs are not allowed, NCL will never see me on another cruise on their ships.

You may not understand or agree with their decision but it is one that is being taken by many companies, public institutions etc. You can write to NCL and any other lines that have similar policies, but for the time being at least, it is what it is and I wouldn't expect anything to change between now and when the new smoking policies take effect. The science regarding the safety of e-cigarettes is still inconclusive and NCL and others seem to be taking the safe way out and including them in their bans. Violate the prohibitions at your own risk.

Butt I still wonder how NCL or any other cruiseline will be able to detect el-cig-smoking in the cabins.... (I have no intentions of breaking any rules, and my cruise goes before November, and after that I have two booked on RCI which is a much better line, in my opinion).

Yes, some do smell.

Isn't it wonderful ee can all choose. I gound my one RCI cruise okay but not great. Suites on NCL are the best and being platinum adds to it.

Hope all your future cruises are great.

Oh thank you! As platinum member at RCI I understand that you prefer NCL, but myself I chooses RCI when possible. Or Holland America, where I am very satisfied. But honestly, I am not the type that breaks rules, som I will of course fall in under the new regimes... And maybe stop smoking, who knows? :)

I do not understand why?

It's simple, really... whatever chemical is in the e-cig which motivates you to use it - so much so that you'd give up an entire cruiseline over it, is dispersed into the air when you exhale.

Whether that chemical is flavoring, or aroma, or nicotine, or any other element which helps create vapor, it is still consumed - which means it is not permanently affixed to the device - and therefore it is diffused in the area where you are.

On the OTHER HAND, if your e-cig only uses water, and then heats the water to the point of creating vapor, then it's a fire hazard.

Either way, there's a reason.

Oh thank you! As platinum member at RCI I understand that you prefer NCL, but myself I chooses RCI when possible. Or Holland America, where I am very satisfied. But honestly, I am not the type that breaks rules, som I will of course fall in under the new regimes... And maybe stop smoking, who knows? :)

I have yet to try Holland but have a friend who loves them. Seriously, I can have a blast on any line.

Good luck if you do quit. It can be difficult. My poor SIL has tried several times to no avail. However, my mom quit cold turkey over 30 years ago. With only one puff since. Hated it.

Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you smoke them in the cabin nobody will be the wiser. Heck, you can smoke them in a stall in one of the many public bathrooms if you want as we'll. use them anywhere nobody else is around. I have one that looks like an inhaler and makes very little steam. I have used them all over. No problem.

If you smoke them in the cabin nobody will be the wiser. Heck, you can smoke them in a stall in one of the many public bathrooms if you want as we'll. use them anywhere nobody else is around. I have one that looks like an inhaler and makes very little steam. I have used them all over. No problem.

That's because the rules haven't changed yet.

Question. You posed this exact question on the Royal Caribbean forum. You got very similar responses. What exactly are you trying to do? Voice your displeasure with the policy or stir up trouble with others who don't agree with your position?

If you choose to cruise on a certain line, their rules are their rules. They don't consult with you, me or anyone else (that I know of) on these forums. They don't have to!

Readers and Posters beware. This poster seems to be bored and looking to stir up something wherever he can!:confused: