New Suite Benefits

Truffle

Several weeks ago someone posted a link to the newest info on the upcoming suite benefits from the Celebrity Website or Captains Club magazine. I had opened it on my IPad but inadvertently closed it before I had a chance to show it to my husband. It included all the categories of suites and what the benefits would be. Can anyone out there repost the link please?

Thanks!

According to the FAQ section, there was supposed to be a rendering of the Suite only dining room by May, 2014. Has anyone seen this rendering?

No sign. I did have a conversation with the Captain on the Summit about it. It seems it will go in the area on Deck 5 after behind Blu on M-Class. No idea where the entrance will be, or if it will be open or closed to the rest of the dining room. Also no idea how they will deal with the Kitchen. If they really want it to be nice and serve fresh food, it will need a kitchen nearby, not two flights down where the kitchen is for Blu and the MDR.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I was on the Solstice past July and spoke to a Maître'd and he told me that the Suite dining room is going to be a section from the MDR where the will partition it with a wall. This was confirmed by the Future Cruise Sale office when I booked my next cruise for the Eclipse next year.

Enjoy,

Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope they are not moving towards too much 'segregation' of suite guests, like Cunard, we have sailed in a suite and would not have felt the need to be seperate from anyone at dinner.

Actually I feel there is going to be more "segregation" mainly due to the closure of Michael's Club to the public and the new creation of the Suite Dining Room. While, personally, I prefer this exclusivity; I feel that our contact with the rest of the people will prevent us from socializing more.

Seems different to me, aqua always inferred healthy option etc, not a class orientated option, as they eat a different menu but sectioning off part of MDR for people eating same menu, or not allowing non suite guests into michaels club seems little class orientated. Maybe its just me.

Noticed they scrapping the aqua suites, they will be sky suites - that obviously didnt take off...

This topic has been discussed at length and IMO there is no inference of class but perhaps money in that the allocated dining room correlates with the price of the cabin a guest is prepared to pay not what social class an individual may or may not ascribe to themselves. It is open to all, you just have to pay for it.

It is my understanding that on S class ships they are not sectioning off a part of the MDR but building the restaurant in an unused area located behind the MDR. Moreover, to the best of my knowledge Celebrity has announced that the suite restaurant will serve a different menu to the MDR and any other restaurant on its ships.

Actually I would go further as say that the suite restaurant is not exclusive in the way that Blu is, as none suite guests will be permitted to dine there for a fee whereas this is not available under any circumstances in Blu.

As for Michaels, this merely brings Celebrity into line with its sister company Royal Caribbean which provides concierge lounges for those in Grand Suites and above.

Seems different to me, aqua always inferred healthy option etc, not a class orientated option, as they eat a different menu but sectioning off part of MDR for people eating same menu, or not allowing non suite guests into michaels club seems little class orientated. Maybe its just me.

Noticed they scrapping the aqua suites, they will be sky suites - that obviously didnt take off...

Is this true, no more aqua class? I did not think there was that much difference between the menu in BLU and the MDR. The cabins on the newer ships are really all the same too, so questioned paying more for AQ, myself.

If the AQ become suites under the new plan, I again wonder the value? Since cabins be same as balconies.

Is this true, no more aqua class? I did not think there was that much difference between the menu in BLU and the MDR. The cabins on the newer ships are really all the same too, so questioned paying more for AQ, myself.

If the AQ become suites under the new plan, I again wonder the value? Since cabins be same as balconies.

As was stated Aqua suites are only on Reflection. There is a difference between Aqua Suites and Aqua Class. Aqua Class will stay.

As an FYI, Blu was created on 4 ships from part of the main dining room, just as it seems the new suite restaurant will be.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My understanding was that the new suite dining would be its own menu, with its own different level of service, and the possibility would even exist for suite passengers to order things custom-made just for them, at least up to a point. If so, and if that's still the plan, that would explain why the suite dining room would need to be separate from the MDR.

It would make sense for the new SDR's to be carved out from the current MDR's, since most of the suite pax would currently be dining in the MDR anyway, so its simply a reallocation of the same amount of space.

re-classifying AQ suites on Reflection will decongest BLU which was apparently not expanded enough to handle the increased load...I am not sure if suite guests will still be able to dine in BLU subject to availability..,???

we enjoy the BLU menu even if it has not changed much over the yrs,,, food seems less salty, fresher when served and nice portions and presentation. We might also try concierge class with specialty dining package and will see if we can ever afford a suite...seems prices are going up in most of the categories....

But the new suite restaurant is NOT going to have the same menu as the MDR. I assume, therefore, that changes it completely for you?

As was stated Aqua suites are only on Reflection. There is a difference between Aqua Suites and Aqua Class. Aqua Class will stay.

As an FYI, Blu was created on 4 ships from part of the main dining room, just as it seems the new suite restaurant will be.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the clarification between Aqua class and Aqua suites.

re-classifying AQ suites on Reflection will decongest BLU which was apparently not expanded enough to handle the increased load...I am not sure if suite guests will still be able to dine in BLU subject to availability..,???

we enjoy the BLU menu even if it has not changed much over the yrs,,, food seems less salty, fresher when served and nice portions and presentation. We might also try concierge class with specialty dining package and will see if we can ever afford a suite...seems prices are going up in most of the categories....

Yes

"Will “Suite Class” guests still have the option of dining in Blu on a space-available basis?

Beginning April 2015 all Suite Class guests will have access to a new restaurant - reserved exclusively for Suite Class guests morning,

noon and night. Access to Blu will continue to be available on a space available basis to all Suite Class guests."

Bottom of page 4

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Happy sailing,

Jenna