Most Travelled

EddieCruzer

Didn't I read that sometimes they hand out vouchers for a meal at Sabatini's?

I am just off a 7 day on Golden Princess and as "one of the most traveled" received a voucher for Crown Grill or Sabatini's in lieu of a cocktail party or luncheon. Didn't use it because we were traveling with a group of 10 but it was a nice thought.

I am just off a 7 day on Golden Princess and as "one of the most traveled" received a voucher for Crown Grill or Sabatini's in lieu of a cocktail party or luncheon. Didn't use it because we were traveling with a group of 10 but it was a nice thought.

I hope you at least cashed it in for OBC. :D

We did hit the jackpot this time. We all had suites so we ate in Crown Grill on embarkation night, had breakfast in Sabatini's every morning, and scored the Chef's Table as a group. But I say again, just the offer of a complimentary dinner was much appreciated, even if not utilized.

I am just off a 7 day on Golden Princess and as "one of the most traveled" received a voucher for Crown Grill or Sabatini's in lieu of a cocktail party or luncheon.

I hope that is not a trend for 7 day voyages.

The Most Traveled lunch or cocktail party is a very special event. Dining in a specialty restaurant is not that special.

However that voucher might be a cost saver for Princess as the lunch/party might cost more than $25/person plus the time of the various ship's personnel time. Even more of a savings if the vouchers go unused.

Edited by caribill

Just off B2B Alaska cruises on Crown, and we were invited to, and attended, a Most Traveled Cocktail Party on each seven day segment. Personally, I would prefer the specialty restaurant to a cocktail party. However, last year on Coral, the Most Traveled event we went to was a luncheon, and that was fantastic.

I don't know if I would go that far. ;)

A special meal, yes, but one that every other passenger can go to if they wish.

Less than 1% of passengers can attend the MTP event.

I suspect more long time Princess cruisers board hoping that they can make the MTP event than board thinking how great it would be to be among the up to 3600 passengers who can choose to eat at Sabatini's or the Steak House.

Edited by caribill

A special meal, yes, but one that every other passenger can go to if they wish.

Less than 1% of passengers can attend the MTP event.

I suspect more long time Princess cruisers board hoping that they can make the MTP event than board thinking how great it would be to be among the up to 3600 passengers who can choose to eat at Sabatini's or the Steak House.

Of course, if they wish to pay for it. I'm looking at it in terms of a freebee in the Specialty restaurant vs. a few drinks in the evening. I suppose some of the passengers would be impressed with an invite to a cocktail party.

Specialty restaurant wins hands down.

• 1 month later...
Does Princess have a Most Travelled Cocktail Party on the 4 and 5 day cruises? I imagine they don't have the luncheon on such short trips.

thanks

Just recently on the CB the top 20 cruisers on the 4 day trip were given vouchers to use in the Crown grill or Sabatini's. It also included 2 free drink coupons that could be used anywhere except in the DR. :D

On the 5 day voyage the top 40 cruisers had a cocktail party with some pretty poor cold appetizers. :(

On our recent 3-day Island Princess cruise, in lieu of the MTP luncheon/cocktail party, we received a voucher for dinner for two. We used it at the Bayou Cafe and had a wonderful steak dinner. We had brought our own wine to the table and the waiter waived the corkage for us. We also got the cocktail vouchers and used them to get a "Chairman of the Board". :cool:

The MTP luncheon is special. The cocktail party is nice but not nearly as special.

Sabatini's or the Crown Grill provide nice meals but carry no significance. One might assume that over several cruises virtually every passenger probably partakes of a meal in one or the other of these restaurants.

We would prefer to attend a MTP luncheon or even cocktail party over another meal in one of the restaurants.

The MTP luncheon is special. The cocktail party is nice but not nearly as special.

Sabatini's or the Crown Grill provide nice meals but carry no significance. One might assume that over several cruises virtually every passenger probably partakes of a meal in one or the other of these restaurants.

We would prefer to attend a MTP luncheon or even cocktail party over another meal in one of the restaurants.

I suppose people view it differently but we consider the luncheon, while very good, just another good meal and nothing more. Sabatini's on the other hand offers an array of different appetizers, main courses & desserts which are just as good. I've never seen anyone order more than 1 appetizer or dessert at a luncheon but I suppose you could. ;)

Just recently on the CB the top 20 cruisers on the 4 day trip were given vouchers to use in the Crown grill or Sabatini's. It also included 2 free drink coupons that could be used anywhere except in the DR. :D

On the 5 day voyage the top 40 cruisers had a cocktail party with some pretty poor cold appetizers. :(

I was on both voyages you were on, I thought the cocktail party was bad too, but ciuldnt hear anything because of a small group near the entrance jabbering during the whole event wearing the same lame blue shirts. The all leave with 2 drinks in their hands each

No respect for others there

I was on both voyages you were on, I thought the cocktail party was bad too, but ciuldnt hear anything because of a small group near the entrance jabbering during the whole event wearing the same lame blue shirts. The all leave with 2 drinks in their hands each

No respect for others there

We got there a little early & got to sit in the side most seat. It was a little hard to hear the Capt circle host since her volume wasn't all that loud but the drinks were OK. Nothing "special" about the cocktail party as compared to one on the Emerald last Nov. They had many different select hot appetizers to go with the unlimited bar service and didn't chase anyone out earlier than they wanted to leave. I don't think that Skywalkers has the ability to keep appetizers hot as compared to the Adagio bar.

The lunch for MTPs on Pacific Princess was very, very nice. Each table shared the meal with one of the ship's officers. It had a more personalized feel than the cocktail party.

That is a nice touch to having the lunch. I feel that the food is much better than Sabatini's or the Grill.