Lago Mar vs Bahia Mar

wally8

Wanting for a nice beach hotel for this trip so looking for some advice regarding which of those 2 I should book for a 3 night pre-cruise stay in fort Lauderdale. Lago Mar is about $100 per night more yet the comments on the Bahia Mar are all over the board and the ones for the Lago are all good. I don't necessarily mind paying the increase per night if it is worth the experience. Thanks, and I kook forward to your comments. Bob From TX

Lago Mar is ten times better than Bahia Mar. Bahia Mar is an outdated property that is currently being marketed to real estate developers to be torn down and a whole new property built in its very prime location.

Bahia Mar is simple 3 star. I would give Lago Mar 4.5 stars with the qualification that its decor is old world Florida if you can hack that. But its prime location on Harbour Beach cannot be beat. When you sit out on their patio terrace in the morning while breakfasting you feel like you might be on a Caribbean island like Grenada or St Lucia. So totally UN-Fort Lauderdale.

Whatever the difference for Lago Mar, it is money very well spent!

Worldspan

134 cruises strong

Naples, Florida

Wanting for a nice beach hotel for this trip so looking for some advice regarding which of those 2 I should book for a 3 night pre-cruise stay in fort Lauderdale. Lago Mar is about $100 per night more yet the comments on the Bahia Mar are all over the board and the ones for the Lago are all good. I don't necessarily mind paying the increase per night if it is worth the experience. Thanks, and I kook forward to your comments. Bob From TX

Bob - I stayed in May, 3 days precruise at Lago Mar, just beautiful. Free parking, wifi and beach chairs - extra cost for a cushioned chair on the beach. You do sign for everything, no cash. Breakfast was excellent - call if you must for the rate to include it. Our room was oceanfront (2 bedroom) and had been renovated. Excellent service, beautiful beach and something for everyone ... all in a quiet area. And if you find yourself wanting to leave for some reason and have no car, they will get a taxi for you. We are headed back for a vacation there since we just loved everything about it!

Husband & I and another couple have stayed at Bahia Mar twice and love it. We always stay in the towers. The location is wonderful. We all like it so well, our friends are spending an extra 3 days there later this month after getting off a cruise in Miami.

Thank you for all of your comments they are appreciated and based on comments from another thread, I have added the Hilton Beach Resort to the mix with the price a little less than the Lago Mar. So which would you choose between the Lag Mar and the Hilton. Again, thanks and Cruise Critic is great for information. Bob from TX

Thank you for all of your comments they are appreciated and based on comments from another thread, I have added the Hilton Beach Resort to the mix with the price a little less than the Lago Mar. So which would you choose between the Lag Mar and the Hilton. Again, thanks and Cruise Critic is great for information. Bob from TX

If you have kids or want a romantic weekend I'd go with the Lago Mar.

Otherwise I like the Hilton.

The Hilton is very nice and you can walk places from there. It's a high rise hotel across from the beach; Lago Mar is a resort on the beach. Hilton has a trendy bar/restaurant. If I just wanted to relax I'd go for Lago Mar. If I wanted to get out and see the commercial beach area by foot I'd book Hilton.

Edited by royalcruz