Cabin Coffee Question(s)

AAAAmerican

On in Cabin Coffee Makers (CCMers)

What kind , how many cups?

Is it a metal filter, paper?

Size?

:D

I can see from the bottom of your post that your next cruise is on the Norwegian GEM. But, IF you will be in a Suite, you will have a different coffee service than if you are in any other stateroom. Basic staterooms have coffee makers that use a paper filter system (1 to 4 cups). And suites have a Lavazza system that is similar to K-cups type makers... with added features!

Dear ggTexasGal,

Thank you Maam!

In two a amidships balcony.

I can see from the bottom of your post that your next cruise is on the Norwegian GEM. But, IF you will be in a Suite, you will have a different coffee service than if you are in any other stateroom. Basic staterooms have coffee makers that use a paper filter system (1 to 4 cups). And suites have a Lavazza system that is similar to K-cups type makers... with added features!

ggTexasGal...Do you know if midship mini-suites on the Pearl have the Lavazza system?

ggTexasGal...Do you know if midship mini-suites on the Pearl have the Lavazza system?

Mini-suites have the same coffee maker as the balconies. Only full suites have the awesome Lavazza machines.

If you bring your own coffee, just a reminder that you need to bring coffee filters also. The coffee provided in balcony rooms is already in the round pod type filters

Thanks! That's good to know. I was ready to just pack up some coffee. Does it matter what size filters?

I'm very excited to have a coffee maker right in the cabin! This will be the first time.

Is the water in the cabin ok to use? We never usually drink the sink water, at least not by the cupful. I don't use tap water in our Keurig at home.

Personally my favorite thing on a cruise is to order room service coffee for my morning wake up call. Hang the order on the door know with the delivery time you want. They call 5 to 10 minutes before delivery. It is perfect. And I love the room service coffee--for some reason it is much better than the other coffee on the ship. I wouldn't consider making my own coffee!!:)

I'm very excited to have a coffee maker right in the cabin! This will be the first time.

Is the water in the cabin ok to use? We never usually drink the sink water, at least not by the cupful. I don't use tap water in our Keurig at home.

Ship water may well be better than what you have at home.

Ship water may well be better than what you have at home.

That's good to know that the ships water is as good, if not, better then home!

As others have said that they prefer room service coffee, I agree, but there are times when you don't want to wait or you don't want to even open the door.

Dear Vettebuf,

WC.

On Water from the ship it is desalinized Sea Water. But has so so much sodium still in it.

Great Coffee is really the Bean and the Water. Being used to the mix.

We always bring our water by the case(s) and as luggage. It does arrive sometimes before the bags do too.

Here in N.J. we do not have any deposits on the bottles, cans. containers. So yes that is another savings for the cost basis.:cool:

OP and everyone else - Big thanks for posting. We never had a coffeemaker in the cabin before. I'll just bring my favorite coffee along.

Our TIPs usually exceed the cost of a cup of coffee.. Do you like that Burger King bought Tim Hortons now?

Cabin Service Coffee is the same syrup in the dining halls.

Cabin service is a wonderful thing aboard though. In Cabin to me is nicer as I can make what I like and no waiting about.

Personally my favorite thing on a cruise is to order room service coffee for my morning wake up call. Hang the order on the door know with the delivery time you want. They call 5 to 10 minutes before delivery. It is perfect. And I love the room service coffee--for some reason it is much better than the other coffee on the ship. I wouldn't consider making my own coffee!!:)