Lobster Le Bistro

Mercury

As we all know food tastes are subjective. So with that said, we had one person in our group order the lobster tails and another 2 order the lobster, shrimp and scallops in puff pastry. The lobster tails were good if you like the spiny lobster. I prefer Maine lobster so I could take it or leave it. As for the lobster in the puff pastry how could you not like anything in a butter and cream sauce in puff pastry. Everyone at our table preferred the lobster, shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry.

HTH

As we all know food tastes are subjective. So with that said, we had one person in our group order the lobster tails and another 2 order the lobster, shrimp and scallops in puff pastry. The lobster tails were good if you like the spiny lobster. I prefer Maine lobster so I could take it or leave it. As for the lobster in the puff pastry how could you not like anything in a butter and cream sauce in puff pastry. Everyone at our table preferred the lobster, shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry.

Is the puff pastry thing kind of like a seafood pot pie? I keep trying to picture what this really is. I didn't order it because I kept envisioning sog.

The lobster/puff pastry option is my favorite meal on the ship! I have been ordering it for the last several years. I know that I should try something else, but going to Le Bistro is a highlight of my trip(s).

It is a very light puff pastry that compliments the seafood and sauce very well.

I personally really love the lobster in butter sauce. I'm not a real "carb" person, never have been, and the Homard en Buerre suits me better than the puff pastry dish. At Le bistro, I almost always order the Homard or lamb chops, both equally my favorites on the whole ship.

Robin

Is the puff pastry one like seafood newburg? I love Newburg and may have one more reason to book another NCL cruise because I've never tried this dish.

Yes that is how I would describe it. My favorite meal on NCL is at Le Bistro: Escargot, Seafood in Puff Pastry and Creme Brulee. I think it is well worth the upcharge. They do not skimp on the seafood.

10107078745_82cd256037.jpg

image by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Yes that is how I would describe it. My favorite meal on NCL is at Le Bistro: Escargot, Seafood in Puff Pastry and Creme Brulee. I think it is well worth the upcharge. They do not skimp on the seafood.

10107078745_82cd256037.jpg

image by alrichards4003, on Flickr

wow...that looks delish!! Note to self: gotta get this on Breakaway in November!

I see that there is a Lobster option on the menu of Le Bistro for an extra $10 (Butter roasted lobster tail).

Anyone tried this and do you think it's worth it?

.....say you want to have 'surf & turf', so you order a Filet Mignon and Lobster.

Is that going to be $10 for an additional entree or $20 for the upcharge and extra entree?

:confused:

wasiii

.....say you want to have 'surf & turf', so you order a Filet Mignon and Lobster.

Is that going to be $10 for an additional entree or $20 for the upcharge and extra entree?

wasiii

If you order Lobster, the charge would be $30. I presume they would allow you to also order Filet Mignon if you had the appetite!

If you order Lobster, the charge would be $30. I presume they would allow you to also order Filet Mignon if you had the appetite!

Why would it be $30. There is the $10 upcharge and the $10 extra entree fee. Where do you get the other $10 from? I must be missing it.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app