Allure of the Seas

Corvette Girl

In 17 days we will be on one of the mega ships. We have done many cruises, but none as huge as the Allure of the Seas. I am nervous that I won't like it. I am looking for comments (good or bad) on what to expect and any useful tips.

Cruise Critic Gambee wrote an incredibly comprehensive review of his cruise on the Allure complete with tons of photographs, menus, daily programs (Compasses). Here's a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1737751

There is an enormous amount of information on Allure over at the Royal Caribbean boards here at Cruise Critic. If you do a search, on the upper right hand page, type in Allure Reviews and hit enter you will find loads of reviews and pictures.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

I will also be on the Allure in 17 days. As previously mentioned CruiseCritic member Gambee did a fantastic review of the Allure. Lot's of pictures and information. Please read my Allure review, there is a link to it in my signature.

This will be my third time on the Allure and to this point it is my favorite ship. There is no doubt that the Allure is a huge ship with up to 6000 passengers on board. don't let that number deter you. The crowds are well dispersed on the Allure thanks to the neighborhood concept. The biggest crowds you might see will be in the Windjammer on boarding day or at the Park Café thanks to the fabulous roast beef sandwiches found there. There are plenty of activities for all interests or you can find a nice quiet space to just relax and forget about reality for a while.

I am not a fan of large ships but I must say that Allure is more than a ship. It is a destination. Very different than any other cruise ship (except Oasis). I enjoyed it and woulld go back again.

Agree! Allure is a destination herself! :)

LuLu

We had a Queen Elizabeth Med. cruise cancelled and we needed to choose a last minute cruise since I had vacation days. We ended up on Oasis in a cabin all the way at the front overlooking the Helicopter pad. I will add that we were in our early sixties.

Turned out this is a fantastic ship and we loved it. Considering we were supposed to take a Med. cruise, that is saying a lot.

I suggest that instead of worrying about whether you will like the cruise, you read some reviews (there are tons on the RCCL boards). You also might want to choose your excursions. If you have not made your reservation yet, do this as soon as you can. Go to the RCCL boards if you need help.

You do not want to miss anything like the bar that goes up and down from one deck to another, the zip-line (yes we did this), the flow rider, the 3-D movies, or the hot tubs that overhangs the ship so that you can see the ocean.

Each cruise and ship is a unique experience. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...