Cruise Care Change-If booked after June 1, 2014 - No Air or Trip Interruption!!!

rakes5

There is a thread on the Royal Caribbean Forum about

Cruise Care doesn't cover airfare?

Apparently, Celebrity is the same. See first Celebrity FAQ - Is cruise/vacation cancellation insurance available?

Review CruiseCare terms, conditions and plan sponsors here if you booked your cruise before June 2, 2014 and/or your cruise is departing on/before December 31, 2014.

Review CruiseCare terms, conditions and plan sponsors here if you booked your cruise on/after June 2, 2014 and you are sailing on/after January 1, 2015.

Nothing about if you booked before June 2, 2014 and you sailing on/after January 1, 2015 :confused:

Haven't seen anything mentioned in the Celebrity Forum, so I thought I would mention it here.

I called my travel agent, as we are making a final payment next week for the Quantum, and she didn't know anything about it. They just got new Cruise line brochures, and she looked and the wording is different in the new books.

She checked with Royal,and we are OK on the Quantum trip, but we also booked a Celebrity trip on-board, last December, for next March. We didn't include the insurance on the original booking, so they said we fell under V3, as the insurance (not the trip) wasn't booked prior to June 2, 2014. (I bet if I call, I'll get a different answer, because the wording is "booked your cruise", not booked your insurance):rolleyes: Oh well, their loss, we'll be booking independent travel insurance for the March 2015 trip.

I did a quick compare of Royal's' two new documents, and attached a copy to this post

Interesting. We also booked in May for a cruise not until 2016.

We have always been very happy with Cruise Care - unfortunately have had to use it several times, always without a hitch.

This will definitely cause us to explore other options.

There is a thread on the Royal Caribbean Forum about

Cruise Care doesn't cover airfare?

Apparently, Celebrity is the same. See first Celebrity FAQ - Is cruise/vacation cancellation insurance available?

Review CruiseCare terms, conditions and plan sponsors here if you booked your cruise before June 2, 2014 and/or your cruise is departing on/before December 31, 2014.

Review CruiseCare terms, conditions and plan sponsors here if you booked your cruise on/after June 2, 2014 and you are sailing on/after January 1, 2015.

Nothing about if you booked before June 2, 2014 and you sailing on/after January 1, 2015 :confused:

Note the slight terminology change between the two. You are reading the first paragraph as if it only says "and" -- but if you read it as "or" you are clearly covered, and "or" is one of the options. This is sloppy drafting, but the meaning is clear when compared to the other paragraph, which states that the new, reduced coverage only applies if both conditions are met. So anybody who booked before June 2, 2014 is keeps the old coverage. Also anybody who is sailing before Jan. 1, 2015 keeps the old coverage.

Ok I now get the and/or part,

What I am not sure about is

Booked vs. paid for

I have booked a cruise with reduced deposit, cruise is not paid for.

Insurance is booked, not paid for and could be cancelled up to final payment.

Airfare is not booked, could just not do it because the cruise was originally more than one year away and airfare does not show that far in advance and anyway I stillwant to wait until closer to the cruise.

So yes I booked a cruise before the June date, will the airfare be covered. I plan to finalize the plans next February or so. I'm thinking that at that time I will get my full insurance in writing to know what they are doing. Rci is making this complicated.