Electric Outlet on Solstice

ilovhywd

Hello! Our upcoming cruise on the Solstice will be our first experience on this ship. We need some assistance in purchasing a new travel power strip.

Other ships have their main electric plug about one inch from the top of the desk, making it totally unusable for electronics which have their plug in a box. Does the Solstice have their plug in the same location? Can anyone give me a link to a photo?

We need to buy a power strip with a normal plug in order to charge camera batteries, iPad, razor, hair iron, etc. Our old travel power strip died, and Radio Shack no longer carries them. We will probably need to order one online.

Can anyone give me a specific recommendation? Thanks! We appreciate the help!

Wow! Thanks, MVPin Boynton. These outlets are terrific. They are greater than one inch above the desk!

To Lovemychoos - I have the same cat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Thanks, MVPin Boynton. These outlets are terrific. They are greater than one inch above the desk!

To Lovemychoos - I have the same cat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have 2 of these guys - fantastic aren't they :-)

The other thing you need to remember about the outlets on the S class ships is that the 'us' flat pin socket is 110v, and the round 2 pin 'european' socket is 220v.

Hope this helps

Lou

I have an adaptor (not converter) that I used on a recent London trip and planned on using on an upcoming Russian trip. I got it from Amazon and its a Mudder US, UK, EU, AU adaptor which converts any one of those plugs to any other. it also has two USB outputs. As the ship has both US and what looks like UK or EU plugs, this allows you to use the outlet that is not native to your equipment. Adaptors with USB ports are also important as most current electronics use the USB so you don't need their often awkward power cords, just the USB to mini USB cord. The thing was only $13.99 and is a very small package.