Transportation Port Everglades to MIA

Fl Sue

It was suggested I move my request to this forum.

Trying to find transportation from the Port Everglades to MIA for a repositioning cruise (10/31), any ideas? We would like to park at Lauderdale so we can pick up our car at the end of the cruise and drive home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was suggested I move my request to this forum.

Trying to find transportation from the Port Everglades to MIA for a repositioning cruise (10/31), any ideas? We would like to park at Lauderdale so we can pick up our car at the end of the cruise and drive home.

I am also looking for this, too. Different date. I tried to Transportation companies and both of these do not.

MJS Transportation

SAS Transport Services

Both of these will only pick up outside of the port at the Airport. If I find something I will post it here.

I think we are going to rent a car in ft lauderdale, park our vehicle at the park n fly, drive to MIA and turn it in...sounds about the easiest.

Just checked Jiffy Jeff Transportation and they also do not pick up at PE. Their reason is that it takes too much time/trouble to get into and out of PE due to congestion. They all suggest get to the airport then use them to get to POM. I agree with you, rent a car. We use Budget at Quay (17 Street) and drop off at:

PORT MIAMI SHUTTLE CRUISE SHIP - P2F

89 SE 2ND STREET

MIAMI, FL 33131 US

hours Sun 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

phone 305-377-4410

I think we are going to rent a car in ft lauderdale, park our vehicle at the park n fly, drive to MIA and turn it in...sounds about the easiest.

Sue, where are you driving from? If it's somewhere in Florida, you might be better off with 2 one-way car rentals, rather than paying for parking for a couple of weeks.

How fast do you need to get to the MIA airport? :confused:

You could cab (about $15) from PE to the Tri-Rail station and from there ride the train (for under $5 each) to MIA.

A taxi on the PE to MIA run will charge about $75+ on the meter for the 45+ minute drive - not bad if you split it among 2 or 4 or more.

If you cab to FLL (also about $15) you'll have several shuttle options, including Go Airport (based inside FLL); I would also contact American Shuttle who has the contract at MIA.

Good luck! :)

We are using johnscarservice.com for Fll to POM , and then POM to Pt Everglades. He is wonderful for larger groups that can't take a single cab. A ll cars are personal...ie nobody else is in it.

Our cost for 8 of us from Fll to POM is$15.00 per person including tip in our own van. He will also pick up at hotels near FLL.

Cost for 2 of us from POM to Pt Everglades in a private town car is 85.00 tip included. We could take 4 in the car. This is just a few dollars more than a per person total for the onboard transfer. He will stop for a 10 minute grocery/ wine shopping stop for 10.00 more.

All emails etc have been prompt and positive . Take a look...nice to not have to wander around a concourse until a larger van/bus fills up, and the n endure multi drop offs with the endless baggage searches involved.

It's decided, we are renting a car in Sebring, FL (home) in the a.m., dropping it off later that afternoon at MIA. On the return we are taking a cab from Port Everglades to FLL, renting another car for the return home. Total cost minus taxi fare in under $150, still cheaper than parking for 17 days and our vehicle remains at home in our garage. Thanks to Twickenham who suggested the two one way rentals, great idea!