Specialty restaurant advance reservations timing

DrHemlock

Just a quickie that's probably been asked before but the answer should be short so apologies beforehand.

When the invoice says "Specialty dining open for reservations on (date)," does that mean the computer starts accepting at 12:00:01 a.m. on that date at corporate headquarters in Florida?

If so, then folks in the midwest could start snagging reservations at 11:01 p.m. Central time, and so forth earlier and earlier for Mountain and Pacific zones.

Can someone with advance reservation experience verify whether this is correct?

Thanks in advance!

Just a quickie that's probably been asked before but the answer should be short so apologies beforehand.

When the invoice says "Specialty dining open for reservations on (date)," does that mean the computer starts accepting at 12:00:01 a.m. on that date at corporate headquarters in Florida?

If so, then folks in the midwest could start snagging reservations at 11:01 p.m. Central time, and so forth earlier and earlier for Mountain and Pacific zones.

Can someone with advance reservation experience verify whether this is correct?

Thanks in advance!

Yes - is it short enough? :D

Yep! I knew there would be someone among the regulars who could answer in one word or fewer. Thanks!

You are welcome.

Kind of hard to answer online in fewer than one word :D:D

Edited by Paulchili

We are able to make our specialty reservations on Monday morning. We are in a PH. Will we be able to reserve a table for four to include ourselves and two others that are in a Conceriege stateroom. I have their stateroom number and name.

You can book the table for four but if Concierge has to wait a bit more in order to make a reservation, then so will you. Or it seems to me that you could book a table for two now, and then when they are eligible (assuming they aren't yet) you could edit the reservation to make it for four and add them to your reservation.

You might not get the same time for your reservation, but that always depends on who has signed up earlier. They don't sell out the restaurant based on online reservations.

In the past when I as in a PH or OC, I added people in a lower category to our reservation when they were eligible and we didn't have any trouble. But it depends on your particular cruise and what passengers want to do. Sometimes everyone seems to want specialty restaurant reservations, and on other cruises there can be lots of space.

Mura

On the only O cruise I have been on -- Istanbul to Athens -- we were just touring the ship on the first day and the MD asked if we wanted to eat there that night! We were so dumb as to not know we were allowed and when we found it was free agreed that it would be great to eat steak through sailaway! :D. We also tried the Italian restaurant on another night.

We really preferred the main dining room and ate there almost every night but the options were available even to lower class beings. On that cruise, the other dining rooms were usually fairly sparse. YEMD.

The times that we were in the specialty DR with others they dined so slowly and took so long to choose each little part like the oil and the appetizers I felt like one of the children in my classes -- just let me out of here already!:p Obviously, others like the experience so they can have my extra spots.