Brooklyn hotel near precruise shopping

goldencruiser

We are looking for a hotel near the Brooklyn cruise port for my elderly parents. The ideal hotel will have a CVS/Walgreens type store within walking distance of the hotel to pick up any last minute items (wine). They are flying into LGA the night before the cruise. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In New York wine can only be sold in a liquor store, not in drug stores, etc., so if the only thing your parents need is wine, they need a hotel that's close to a liquor store, not a CVS or Walgreens.

Having said that, I don't know enough about the local area near the cruise terminal to give you good advice. The closest hotel to the cruise pier is the Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal on Seabring St., but I can't say if there are any liquor stores close by. Perhaps someone more familiar with that neighborhood can. It's quite possible they may have to stay at a hotel that's a little further from the cruise terminal.

Edited by njhorseman

Sorry that no one else has answered you. I am not very familiar with the area around the port but if you stay at the Comfort Inn there, there is a very large supermarket, Fairway, not too far away. They would have the general drug store items but not the wine.

No one else answered because about an hour after posting this, the OP started another thread because they changed their mind and decided that their parents would stay near LGA, not in Brooklyn. Their questions were answered on the other thread by someone who is very familiar with the area around LGA.

Edited by njhorseman