Upgrades

GWM907

Does anyone have any insight as to if and when Princess starts offering upgrades. I'm booked on the CP on Sept.29 2014 and there are A LOT of open cabins in all categories. Have cruised often but have not been on Princess for 6 or 7 years. Would appreciate sharing of any experience with this Thanks.

Edited by GWM907

Does anyone have any insight as to if and when Princess starts offering upgrades. I'm booked on the CP on Sept.29 2014 and there are A LOT of open cabins in all categories. Have cruised often but have not been on Princess for 6 or 7 years. Would appreciate sharing of any experience with this Thanks.

Its a crap shoot! Nobody really knows. You could get upgraded up to the last couple of days before the cruise.

CP=Sea Princess

CB=Caribbean Princess

Edited by Colo Cruiser

They will normally offer paid upgrades (upsells) 1 - 2 weeks before the cruise. "Free" upgrades are a crapshoot as was mentioned by the previous poster. Seems to depend on what cabins they can resell in what category and a myriad of other factors that change like the wind.

The September 29 cruise on the Sea Princess around New Zealand looks like a great cruise.

As the others have said, if anyone knows, they have a crystal ball. It's all supply and demand and every cruise is different. One thing to keep in mind is that what Princess considers an upgrade, you may not. Sometimes, you should be careful what you wish for.

After final payment for my upcoming Royal cruise, Princess "upgraded" me from my Emerald deck balcony cabin near the aft elevators (my preferred location) to a Baja mid-ship balcony. I happen to hate being mid-ship but Princess figured it was a several category "upgrade." My TA got my cabin back. Phew!

I had a surprise on Saturday when I received an email from Princess re my Spanish Passage cruise in October 2015 - they have upgraded us from mid-aft Baja deck to centre Caribe deck. Really surprised to get this so far out but very happy to have the larger balcony and midship!!!:)

We have been cruising for 16 years and our first upgrade was on last years Royal Princess we had 2 upgrades in the 8 weeks prior to sailing from the cheapest inside to a balcony. We have booked 2 cabins for the Emerald 2015 during school hols and both cabins were upgraded over last weekend.

Very happy cruisers

I had a surprise on Saturday when I received an email from Princess re my Spanish Passage cruise in October 2015 - they have upgraded us from mid-aft Baja deck to centre Caribe deck. :)

We are on the same trip. We booked interior guarantee (booked as an IF but 2 cabin upgrade at booking to ID). Just received cabin assignment and it is an IA on Aloha deck near the center stairs. Good location. Another upgrade to oceanview would be fantastic, but happy with this location.

I had a surprise on Saturday when I received an email from Princess re my Spanish Passage cruise in October 2015 - they have upgraded us from mid-aft Baja deck to centre Caribe deck. Really surprised to get this so far out but very happy to have the larger balcony and midship!!!:)

It is a great surprise, I was so happy when my sister and I were upgraded to Caribe. It is very close to being a midship too!