Our Divina Cruise, the good and the bad

Giantfan13

camofwilliamsburg, we totally agree with you about the service on Divina, our MDR waiter knew our names after the first night, and knew all our likes, from what type of bread, what drink we liked, and always asked when he saw an empty plate would you like another! And the 'in your face carnival peddling' the other cruise lines do isn't good service, its obnoxious behavior!:D

Maybe MSC's fish sucked, maybe it was just OK, but their shrimp were some of the best at sea, and you could order all you want!:D Like I said earlier here on this thread I haven't had a great piece of fish since we left New England!:D

A secret to those who want a faster dinner, order your whole dinner at the beginning instead of after each course, chew faster, and don't talk so much!:eek:

Okay, but read the OP's very first post. They are kosher. Cannot eat shellfish. So what does shrimp have to do with this thread???

1)Would it be worth cruising again on the Divina when it goes on sale (recently $349. balcony)where Divina Balconies are the price of other cruise lines inside cabins?

2)Would you really rather cruise another ships inside cabin then a Divina balcony?

3)Have you looked at MSC's loyalty Club, and how it works, (adding cruise points by counting on board spending), how quick you can reach their top tier which would give you '20%' off already super low balcony sale prices.

My answers:

1. Not for that reason - depends on what ship to compare.

2. Definitely yes - for some ships, no - for some other.

3. Looked. Not interested.

We spend little time in the cabin, so a balcony is never a deciding factor for us.

Yes,they do.I have never seen it done any different way. I don't know what is American Bear talking about:confused:.

cruisingcanadian, my comment was meant as a joke, some of the comments on the forum are way too serious! :eek:

My hint of it being a joke:'CHEW FASTER', I thought it would be easy to recognize as a joke!:D:D

Okay, but read the OP's very first post. They are kosher. Cannot eat shellfish. So what does shrimp have to do with this thread???

The comment was made to another person, but since you asked so nicely, its because everyone isn't Kosher, and all Jews aren't strict Kosher eaters, and because I liked the shrimp on the Divina!

Edited by American Bear

My answers:

1. Not for that reason - depends on what ship to compare.

2. Definitely yes - for some ships, no - for some other.

3. Looked. Not interested.

We spend little time in the cabin, so a balcony is never a deciding factor for us.

Everyone knows how you feel, the question was meant for the OP!:eek:

The shrimp cocktail in the MDR! I always got 2!:eek: The coconut covered shrimp were good too!

MSC has the largest shrimp in their shrimp cocktail than any cruise I have been on! Yes , the coconut shrimp for lunch appetizer is wonderful-order 3 of them and make it the entree. None of the entrees for that lunch are as good as this shrimp dish!

Two votes for the shrimp! :D And, zero votes for the salmon! :mad:

Thanks. both of you.