Pick your Perk Promo question

travlDR

The Pick your Perk Promo--- with one of the choices being the Classic Drink package-- on the front page of the Celebrity web site says it has to be booked by Aug 31(yesterday.) Has any one heard or have any opinions if it will be continued or restarted a little later? I think with the best price guarantee, if a res is booked and then that promo goes back into effect before final payment date, you can get it, right?

The Pick your Perk Promo--- with one of the choices being the Classic Drink package-- on the front page of the Celebrity web site says it has to be booked by Aug 31(yesterday.) Has any one heard or have any opinions if it will be continued or restarted a little later? I think with the best price guarantee, if a res is booked and then that promo goes back into effect before final payment date, you can get it, right?

Promos come and go. There is no rhyme or reason as to how they run.

Last big one was the 123GO Promo that ended July 31st (combined nicely with the Captain's Club Bonus Points Offer which was also on at the same time)

Personally, if you think an offer is a good one... I'd jump on it.

If something better comes along before Final Payment Date, you can always change over

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

PS... Even tho the Expiry is August 31st, you can probably argue that as the advertised price if you choose to book it today... Probably with more success if you make the booking by phone

The offer has been extended until October. The new language is: To Qualify for Pick Your Perk Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Sept. 1-Oct. 5, 2014 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 4-night or longer cruise that departs Dec. 20, 2014-Apr. 2015.

Presently, the PYP promotion also includes reduced rates for 3rd and 4th passengers on certain routes and I understand this has been extended until October 5th. Unfortunately, we do not cruise until late October and I wanted to book onboard.

Is it possible to book on land prior to our cruise to ensure we obtain the reduced rates for our kids, and then cancel that booking onboard should the reduced prices be still valid? Obviously, we'd then re-book enabling us to take advantage of the onboard offers as well as the 3rd and 4th reduced rates?

Trying to establish what's the best plan :confused:?

The offer has been extended until October. The new language is: To Qualify for Pick Your Perk Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Sept. 1-Oct. 5, 2014 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 4-night or longer cruise that departs Dec. 20, 2014-Apr. 2015.

That is interesting, I didn't catch the date change. That makes a difference. Thank you.

FYI

I did find out that the Pick Your Perk for Choice Air ($600 credit to your choice air booking for 10+ day cruise), has to be used by October 6th.

So you have to purchase your airline tickets through choice air by October 6th or else you can pick one of the other pick your perk promotions

Presently, the PYP promotion also includes reduced rates for 3rd and 4th passengers on certain routes and I understand this has been extended until October 5th. Unfortunately, we do not cruise until late October and I wanted to book onboard.

Is it possible to book on land prior to our cruise to ensure we obtain the reduced rates for our kids, and then cancel that booking onboard should the reduced prices be still valid? Obviously, we'd then re-book enabling us to take advantage of the onboard offers as well as the 3rd and 4th reduced rates?

Trying to establish what's the best plan :confused:?

Can be done. But is best to fully understand both the offers before you make any changes / cancellations

Book under the ashore conditions for the cabin you most want / is available for that offer.

Book aboard using the same criteria.... What they are offering, and best available cabin.

When you get home figure out which one is the best deal... That is the Booking Reservation Number you need to hold onto.

Then call Celebrity to cancel out the other Booking.

--- --- ---

If your situation now means you have the better offer (which it should)... BUT a less Favourite cabin, ask the Celebrity Phone Rep to "pick up" the cabin number that you just cancelled (assuming it is the same category) and swap it.

--- --- ---

NOTE - Bookings made ashore means you do qualify for some perks if you are a member of the Captain's Club.

1- Any Offers exclusive to Captain's Club Members (see the website or your emails) Some offers can be combined... Such as I recently combined a 123GO Promo with a Bonus Points Offer from Captain's Club

2- Being in the Captain's Club means you qualify for 1 Sub-Category Upgrades where available (see website for details). So it means you can pay for example for a lower sub-cat but get a higher one (ie pay for Aqua A2 get an Aqua A1). Works for Insides to Aqua (no suites) and all sub-cats except Concierge C2 to C1

3- Being in the Captain's Club pay just 50% of the Posted Rate for Deposit on Insides thru Aqua (again no suites)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I completely missed cruises do not count booked between now and dec 20th!

Unfortunately you just missed it, the PYP that ended August 31 included a bunch of sailing dates before before December 20th.

Can be done. But is best to fully understand both the offers before you make any changes / cancellations

Book under the ashore conditions for the cabin you most want / is available for that offer.

Book aboard using the same criteria.... What they are offering, and best available cabin.

When you get home figure out which one is the best deal... That is the Booking Reservation Number you need to hold onto.

Then call Celebrity to cancel out the other Booking.

--- --- ---

If your situation now means you have the better offer (which it should)... BUT a less Favourite cabin, ask the Celebrity Phone Rep to "pick up" the cabin number that you just cancelled (assuming it is the same category) and swap it.

--- --- ---

NOTE - Bookings made ashore means you do qualify for some perks if you are a member of the Captain's Club.

1- Any Offers exclusive to Captain's Club Members (see the website or your emails) Some offers can be combined... Such as I recently combined a 123GO Promo with a Bonus Points Offer from Captain's Club

2- Being in the Captain's Club means you qualify for 1 Sub-Category Upgrades where available (see website for details). So it means you can pay for example for a lower sub-cat but get a higher one (ie pay for Aqua A2 get an Aqua A1). Works for Insides to Aqua (no suites) and all sub-cats except Concierge C2 to C1

3- Being in the Captain's Club pay just 50% of the Posted Rate for Deposit on Insides thru Aqua (again no suites)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply.

So, basically, I can have one booking with my TA (ashore) and they will allow me to book again (onboard) for the same sailing - great :D.

Yes, I did know about the CC upgrade :). It's more about not missing out on the 3rd & 4th rate reductions if the prices continue to be so high for Europe (which at present is worth $1500 :eek:).

Thanks for the reply.

So, basically, I can have one booking with my TA (ashore) and they will allow me to book again (onboard) for the same sailing - great :D.

Yes, I did know about the CC upgrade :). It's more about not missing out on the 3rd & 4th rate reductions if the prices continue to be so high for Europe (which at present is worth $1500 :eek:).

As you are using a TA it will be them who will be dealing with Celebrity once you get home. And they probably will have better luck than you will in swapping out the cabins. Just make sure you REINFORCE that the important part is keeping the Reservation Number for the better deal... Because if it should accidentally get deleted then so is the deal gone !!

Good luck,

Cheers!

I have never tried having two reservations over lapping. I think I am suffering from the limiting belief that is bad business and I should only have one in any same time period. But I can see if it is okay with celebrity why not. It may save me all kinds of worry and distress.