Latest boarding time - Majesty

MattInFLL

OK, I should know this, but I always take the Friday off when I sail Majesty and get there about 1pm. This Friday I can't do that and have to cut it close and leave from work to the pier. Luckily I am only about 15 minutes away.

Docs always say to check in by 3pm. But muster is not until around 3:45 (and there is a second muster for those who miss the first one). We are supposed to leave at 4:30.

Any thoughts on whether check in really does close at 3pm?

OK, I should know this, but I always take the Friday off when I sail Majesty and get there about 1pm. This Friday I can't do that and have to cut it close and leave from work to the pier. Luckily I am only about 15 minutes away.

Docs always say to check in by 3pm. But muster is not until around 3:45 (and there is a second muster for those who miss the first one). We are supposed to leave at 4:30.

I've seen people boarding while the muster was taking place. I think Foo and Cheryl go on pretty late too cause they work in Hollywood.

Bob - we have the Bimini Super Fast Gambling Ferry in Miami. If you check in ahead of time, you can get there a half hour before they depart. If not, you have to be there 90 minutes ahead of time. So that rule might be flexible depending on whether or not they have transmitted your information yet. But I certainly don't want to risk my logic on this.

Erik - Foo and Cheryl were a little fuzzy on when they were actually leaving for the pier :) You know, Cucumber martinis. :) Or maybe I was fuzzy.

LMaxwell - I will answer for Erik, yes they are in that photo with us. If it was the ship photo I am thinking of.

Edited by MattInFLL

Bob - we have the Bimini Super Fast Gambling Ferry in Miami. If you check in ahead of time, you can get there a half hour before they depart. If not, you have to be there 90 minutes ahead of time. So that rule might be flexible depending on whether or not they have transmitted your information yet. But I certainly don't want to risk my logic on this.

Erik - Foo and Cheryl were a little fuzzy on when they were actually leaving for the pier :) You know, Cucumber martinis. :) Or maybe I was fuzzy.

LMaxwell - I will answer for Erik, yes they are in that photo with us. If it was the ship photo I am thinking of.

Have you taken that Bimini Superfast yet? Seems like they are kind of maybe starting to get their act together. I would do a day trip once the pier is built, may consider a 3 night stay over in Bimini at the resort using the ship as transport.

I have had a blast with Mike, Cheryl, and Foo twice before. We wanted to join this weekend but we are literally in the middle of moving and the timing was just not workable. Hopefully one day we'll all meet up. Looks like you guys had a fun time and have the pictures to prove it (or remember it!) Some of Erik's shots look brochure worthy.

If you sail at 4:30 you must be onboard by 3. As I'm sure you are aware this is to satisfy Homeland Security as administered by the cruise line.

And to add a caveat, Homeland Security has the right to alter that time not the cruise line without clearance.

The only times I am aware of when late boarding is permitted is when the ship's schedule has been delayed pushing back the sailing. This has happened during the Noro season when the ship(s) must be thoroughly cleaned. Delayed sailings have also been due to weather. There could also be a delayed sailing for a large group of late boarding passengers. None of the above circumstances are the norm.

Good luck trying to board after 3.

I've been waiting for the pier to be built in Bimini to try it, too. I heard too many stories about only getting about 2 hours to enjoy Bimini and spending a lot of time being processed and tendered… so I'm waiting, because I like the concept.

Mike, Foo and Cheryl are a blast. I booked Majesty for this weekend after meeting them. Also got to meet Mike's wife Laurie on the Oasis.

As to boarding this Friday, I guess will play it safe and just get there before 3. I was hoping someone would have some stories about running late and running for the pier and what happened :)

Edited by MattInFLL

alcpa1 - don't worry, I have no intention of tempting fate. Unless I have definitive information to the contrary, I will be boarding before 3. And besides, I want to be enjoying my pre-muster cocktail :)

But I am almost certain you can board Bimini Superfast with less than 90 minutes to go and not run afoul of Homeland Security - so I'm thinking there is some other aspect in play - as in, whether your have given the cruise line all of your information ahead of time (on-line check in) and it has already been transmitted to TSA for pre-checking. But that appears to be moot at this point.

Have fun, they are good people. Tell 'em baby "Jermajesty" said Hi

I bet we could get Mike to fly out for a Bimini day trip if they have a loyalty program :D

lol...Mike is such a points wh0re. as Laurie put it. :D

We're all scrambling to become Diamond Plus before they change everything so you may see me on Majesty a few times before the end of the year.

I believe the issue is not being on the ship by 3:00pm but being Checked In by 3:00pm as RC needs to submit the final Manifest to Homeland 90 minutes before sailing. Once you are checked in, you can come and go until the posted "All Aboard" time.......

OK, so while in the terminal, I asked 3 different pier personnel what was the latest time to board/check in. Each of them said they close the doors at 4pm, and one said they will keep them open longer if they are told about a late arriving flight. And sure enough, during muster, people were still coming up the gangway. So, somehow, the 90 minute rule must have an exception.

At any rate, I'm not suggesting anyone not follow the boarding time in their cruise docs, but there appears to be some leeway if you are running late.

I was also surprised at how many people were still checking in at 2:30. It was really crowded.

Thanks for the info. I'm going on the Majesty the 19th and can't leave work until 2pm this time. The port is 20 minutes by taxi so I feel better now. I also did the Oasis 2 day had a great time especially as I had already been on her twice and did not have to do everything this time. I was looking for you in the CL but didn' t see you. Loved the lemondrop martinis though

Love the Majesty for a weekend getaway

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think you should be just fine. My office is about 15 minutes from the port and the new Port of Miami Tunnel is great. Another note, for those driving, there was still plenty of parking in the garage, even at 2:15, 2:30.

Sorry I missed you in the CL. Most of my companions were in the DL, so I was only in the CL briefly each evening.

The Cucumber martinis in 150 CP were pretty spectacular, too.

Be sure to look for Erdi at the Diamond event on Majesty (in Viking Crown). He is a gem. Too bad for Majesty he is going to Quantum (but good for him).