Royal Caribbean Holiday Cruise

My family is trying to find a royal caribbean cruise that leaves december 26 or 27. We do not want to be interfering with christmas, so we would like it after christmas. Does anyone know any cruises that leave this time. We would also like the voyager class ships. Thanks for any help

My family is trying to find a royal caribbean cruise that leaves december 26 or 27. We do not want to be interfering with christmas, so we would like it after christmas. Does anyone know any cruises that leave this time. We would also like the voyager class ships. Thanks for any help

The voyager class ships all leave on the weekend that part of December.

Try December 31st (unless that's too late). Like you I want to cruise over the holidays but most RCCL ships depart before Christmas and don't sail again until either Dec 31st or Jan 2nd.

Not to recommend other lines but I have noticed that HAL has some sailings that depart around the 28th/29th. Never sailed them but might consider if my RCCL plans fall through.

We did the Brilliance a couple of years ago, 10 days panama canal leaving 12/26. We flew out Christmas night. A few words of warning, and these are just something to think about. This was our most expensive cruise, even over our 12 day Hawaii cruise. There are very many extended families which I would suggest getting a table for your family alone, otherwise you may end up like us, with all people from one family, and no one talking with us. Expectations seem higher from the passengers for some reason. I was told by the conceirge that the crew hates this cruise time as passengers in general are much more rude. From our experience this was very true.

Ideally, timing wise, this was perfect. But be prepared to have a "different" sort of crowd than the norm.

Tracey

The only cruises that RCI has leaving on Dec. 26th or 27th of this year is the 4 night Majesty to the Bahamas and Monarch to Baja California on the 26th, and the 3 night Sovereign to the Bahamas on the 27th.

I think I know the answer, but looking for some verification from someone with a different source: Saw the 1/2 Radiance listed as an Eastern Caribbean, incl. St. Thomas & St. Maarten, on a couple of on-line agent booking sites, and have seen it listed as a Western, w/ Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and a stop at Coco Cay, on others. RCI's own crown & anchor magazine refers to that sailing as an eastern on a coupon for that cruise, but RCI's website shows the 1/2 Radiance as a Western.

So, anyone have the true final word--which is it?

Thanks.

Archived