Need help choosing

van buren girl

My husband and i are looking for a cruise with the family for April 2016. He really dislikes sea daysand crowds We have only been on legend and destiny. Trying to choose between 7 day on glory and 8 day on breeze. need info on both ships how are they more to keep hubby busy on breeze? How crowded do both ships feel?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Forums mobile app

"...He really dislikes sea days and crowds...Trying to choose between 7 day on glory and 8 day on breeze..."

7 & 8 day itineraries will have at least two sea days. Glory and Breeze are two of the largest ships in Carnival's fleet (i.e crowds)? If you want to avoid sea days and crowds, you may want to look at shorter cruises on smaller ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have looked into that as well trying to convince the family they don't want to fly over the ocean. Has anyone here been to Puerto Rico is it easy to get around safe ?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Forums mobile app

I'm not saying anywhere is 100% safe, but my mother went to Puerto Rico by herself last year, and while I won't give her age, but I'm 42 and was a late-ish baby ;) She had a great time!

However, I often read in reviews of the Puerto Rico cruises that they are crowded. We went on the Breeze in December and other than a few moments like Bracelet sales, breakfast in the Lido on port days, and around the photographers on formal night, never felt crowded. The outside areas on deck 5 were close to empty for the most part and we found them to be a great place to relax.

If you're between Spring Break and the end of the school year, you should be alright, as there will be fewer cabins with 3 or 4 people and maybe even more solo travelers.

Another thing to keep in mind is what date in April 2016 you want to sail.

Easter Sunday 2016 will be on March 27th. IMO, if you really want to sail with less crowds, try too book a cruise after the first full week of April through the end of the month. Mid to late April would be ideal.

This way, Spring-break will be over and the kids back to school. Not to say that the ships wont be full but you should be able to cut-down on the over-the-top crowds that seem to sail around Easter and before.

In 2013, our family sailed two weeks after Easter and the crowds had died down, airfare was cheaper and pre-cruise hotels much more budget friendly.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Crowds - Majority of public schools in the northeast have April vacation the week of the 20th (Patriots Day). Lots of kids!

Edited: Sorry, just noticed you're looking for 2016 ... school vacation is week of the 18th / again, Patriots Day.

Edited by CocoaMom