Haven suite cruisers - question

SissasMomE

I booked a Haven suite on Deck 18 of the Escape. I'm assuming Deck 19 is going to be either the Haven sun deck, or a public sun deck. So, for anyone who has stayed in the Haven, directly under one of the sun decks, did you hear "chair noise"? My husband and I are early risers, but my daughter will be on college break, and I'm sure she will want to sleep in some. Thanks!

We were under the Haven deck on BA in the DOS. No noise from above - but from the neighbors in the OS next door - yes, quite often. They had a movable wall between each set of OS/DOS and they leak noise to the point you sit in your living room and it is like having the people in the room next to you in your living room.

Most of the chairs on the Haven deck are larger and really wouldn't appear they would ever get moved much. I'd have to look at the types they had on the public side.

Edited by dexddd

Not the same class of ships, but we were in 17010 on the Epic with a sun deck above us. I heard the chairs being moved one morning -- it took me a minute to figure out what it was. We just noticed the noise the one morning and it wasn't an issue for us.

I booked a Haven suite on Deck 18 of the Escape. I'm assuming Deck 19 is going to be either the Haven sun deck, or a public sun deck. So, for anyone who has stayed in the Haven, directly under one of the sun decks, did you hear "chair noise"? My husband and I are early risers, but my daughter will be on college break, and I'm sure she will want to sleep in some. Thanks!

We were on the BA in early July with our family in staterooms on both sides of the ship. What we found was those on the port side (with the public area above) heard the chairs being moved (dragged) across the deck. But our cabin was on the starboard side (below the Haven deck), and we never heard any noise. I guess since there were more availability and there was someone there to move the chairs for Haven guests, there was less dragging of chairs.

We were under the Haven deck on BA in the DOS. No noise from above - but from the neighbors in the OS next door - yes, quite often. They had a movable wall between each set of OS/DOS and they leak noise to the point you sit in your living room and it is like having the people in the room next to you in your living room.

Most of the chairs on the Haven deck are larger and really wouldn't appear they would ever get moved much. I'd have to look at the types they had on the public side.

This noise issue next door in the OS; how significant was it? Material enough to affect your enjoyment of your DOS?

This noise issue next door in the OS; how significant was it? Material enough to affect your enjoyment of your DOS?

I'm not the person who posted it, but was in the DOS on Breakaway. We heard some voices a few times, but it wasn't enough to bother us. It's the two living rooms that are connected, so didn't hear a peep at night in the bedroom.

We have stayed in the DOS on the Getaway and I can only remember once or twice that we heard our neighbors in their living room. That being said, I think it greatly depends on the TYPE of neighbors you have. I could see where if they were overly loud or had a lot of company during the week, it could certainly become an issue. Each cruise stands the chance of being a very different experience.

Oh, and we were in 16102 which is the public sundeck side and never heard a peep from above.

Edited by tarps14

Yes. It was mostly each night as they had company over and would play cards. It wasn't their fault as they were doing nothing wrong, just a poor design. I would probably not book the OS or DOS on the BA/GA again or Escape/Bliss if they have the same setup.

I do have video with the sound and I'll try to post it. Trying to watch a movie we would just have to keep turning it up but then we just went into the bedroom to watch (roughing it you know).

I was on 17005 on Epic which is below the forward sundeck. Never heard anything. On Sky I was on deck 10 aft just below the pool deck. I only heard some moving of chairs in the morning by the staff when cleaning or getting the deck ready. Just mildly heard it and it was only a minute or so.

I would rather be below a pool deck where you sometimes hear a chair now and then than being below a full cabin with people stomping around. I remember a review of the Epic where someone stayed on deck 16 and said the kids above them was like a heard of elephants running all day. It never stopped.

I was on 17005 on Epic which is below the forward sundeck. Never heard anything. On Sky I was on deck 10 aft just below the pool deck. I only heard some moving of chairs in the morning by the staff when cleaning or getting the deck ready. Just mildly heard it and it was only a minute or so.

I would rather be below a pool deck where you sometimes hear a chair now and then than being below a full cabin with people stomping around. I remember a review of the Epic where someone stayed on deck 16 and said the kids above them was like a heard of elephants running all day. It never stopped.

Ha! Ok - it doesn't sound like it will be an issue. Thanks!

Yes. It was mostly each night as they had company over and would play cards. It wasn't their fault as they were doing nothing wrong, just a poor design. I would probably not book the OS or DOS on the BA/GA again or Escape/Bliss if they have the same setup.

I do have video with the sound and I'll try to post it. Trying to watch a movie we would just have to keep turning it up but then we just went into the bedroom to watch (roughing it you know).

Thank you for the insight. It's disappointing to think that the potential for noisy disruptions exists considering the price point for both the OS and DOS.

I try to avoid any connecting cabin/suite for that reason.

I generally don't have any problems with connecting cabins as they usually just have a solid small door and noise has never been a factor. The problem with the BA/GA OS/DOS connecting is it is a full movable wall like you'd see at a wedding at a banquet hall or hotel. It can fully be opened and stored to make it full length of the living room opening. The penthouse just aft also connected to our room and we never heard a peep from that room but it just had the little connecting door.

I generally don't have any problems with connecting cabins as they usually just have a solid small door and noise has never been a factor. The problem with the BA/GA OS/DOS connecting is it is a full movable wall like you'd see at a wedding at a banquet hall or hotel. It can fully be opened and stored to make it full length of the living room opening. The penthouse just aft also connected to our room and we never heard a peep from that room but it just had the little connecting door.

Wow - yeah, I can see how that would be an issue with the noise!

Is this the same situation on Escape, does anyone know?; does the DOS have the same situation with a moveable wall as with Breakaway or Getaway?

Im assuming, since it's a Breakaway class ship, that it does ... but no one will know for sure until she's built.

Im assuming, since it's a Breakaway class ship, that it does ... but no one will know for sure until she's built.

And what I find interesting - of course I might have missed it - is that while the materials say the DOS connects to a PH, it doesn't - at least I couldn't locate it - say that a DOS + OS connect?

And what I find interesting - of course I might have missed it - is that while the materials say the DOS connects to a PH, it doesn't - at least I couldn't locate it - say that a DOS + OS connect?

Actually it does connect to a PH. There is a small door like the regular cabin door between the closet that is part of the master bath and the guest bath. So you could book the PH just behind the DOS plus the OS and have three connecting cabins.

Actually it does connect to a PH. There is a small door like the regular cabin door between the closet that is part of the master bath and the guest bath. So you could book the PH just behind the DOS plus the OS and have three connecting cabins.

Yes, that is correct. On our recent family reunion cruise, we had 16700, 16702, and 16704 togehter (OS, DOS, and PH). We had the wall opened the entire trip, and opened the partition on the front deck while in port (too windy across the bow to have it open while sailing). We cheated a bit and opened the partition as we sailed out of NY harbor, and it was amazing having half of the front of the ship to ourselves.

It was an awesome place for the 17 of us to meet, have cocktails, and hang as a group. Once in a lifetime trip for us -- but we all agreed it was worth it.