Individual but linked reservations into one big group res?

sredish

Our party of two is quickly turning into a party of who knows how many, as friends are jumping on board and booking along with us. We are now up to 7 rooms, with even more thinking of booking. I believe I read before that a group booking is 10 or more rooms. My question is can we convert individual but linked reservations into a group reservation...and is there even really a group discount?

Our party of two is quickly turning into a party of who knows how many, as friends are jumping on board and booking along with us. We are now up to 7 rooms, with even more thinking of booking. I believe I read before that a group booking is 10 or more rooms. My question is can we convert individual but linked reservations into a group reservation...and is there even really a group discount?

You need 8 staterooms to make a group. You get perks based on the sailing. Call Royal or a travel agent to make a group.

I believe it's still 8 cabins on most cruises that groups are available on. You should immediately call RCL groups and find out if there is group space on your sailing. Most likely there will be and you should be able to transfer existing booking to the group.

Often you'll get 1 PERSON free fare (plus tax and port) for 8 cabins plus on board credit or other amenity.

An RCI group is 8 or more reservations.

You can receive a Tour Conductor credit which by default uses this ratio..

1 free berth for every 16 full fare paying guests 1:16. Or 1 free berth per 8 double occupancy reservations. The credit is based on the category most booked at the lowest price in that category. The taxes, fees, and port expenses are NOT included.

A full fare paying guest is the first and second guest in a reservation, 3rd and 4th guests are paying a reduced rate and do not count towards it. Singles can count. (ex 7 doubles and 1 single, no promotions on the single would count the single as a double for this calculation)

Example you have 8 double occupancy H oceanviews with a Cruise Fare PER PERSON of 300.00 and taxes, fees, and port expenses at 50.00. You would receive a 300.00 Tour Conductor credit.

I do not know anything about how direct guest groups work but my best guess it would be applied the same way. You would pay a single reservation or any number of reservations LESS the tour conductor amount totaling 300.00.

A key note is the part about the category most booked at the lowest price in that category. Using the cat H example above... if someone in that group had a promotion that lowered the Cruise Fare to 150.00, that more often than not will lower the Tour Conductor value to 150.00 from 300.00.