Celebrity Century being sold elsewhere.

XFor those passengers who are much worse off and wish to complain directly, they should do so and I am sure they will get extra compensation.

As a follow on, a few have contacted them to request this.

They responded by stating that there is no flexibility, the decision is final and not able to be changed.

Further they also stated that they are not covering ANY cancellation costs. They only cover A MAXIMUM OF $300 of CHANGE ONLY costs.

For such a unique, remote cruise, taking such a stance to disadvantage your paying customers, for a change made to benefit the company is very poor. Again, contrast this with the newcomer Portuscale, who has been fair and reasonable in its approach to a change that THE COMPANY made.

Edited by The_Big_M

I feel so sorry for the cruisers who will be so much out of pocket through no fault of their own.

With the high cost of airfares from Australia, many of us buy non-refundable airfares to make cruising overseas more affordable. We take the risk that we are not going to change our travel plans and we are covered by insurance for unexpected health issues. However, we don't expect cruiselines to cancel cruises. And we are NOT covered by insurance for this.

I am disappointed in Celebrity (Royal Caribbean) in not taking this into account when they cancelled the cruise and offered $300 change compensation.

I recently enquired about changing a flight overseas and the cost was over $2,000!