Bringing sodas/water on your cruise question...

ArkTraveler82

Is Vitamin Water and Red Bull okay to bring on board as part of the water/soda allowance?

Yes. I bring vitamin water zero with me. They sell the regular vitamin water on board, but not the zero. Love the fresh squeezed (lemonade) with extra zinc to ward off sore throats/colds!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sent from my iPod

The policy doesn't refer to soda/water...it refers to non-alcoholic beverages. So ANY non-alcohol beverage that is served in a container of 20-oz or less qualifies as part of your allowance.

I also brought Starbucks Doubleshots onboard for port days to get my latte-like coffee fix on the go.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone sailed out of Miami? Are they strict at the port as far as the sodas must be carried on or can you put them in one of your checked bags? Do they really open your 12-packs? It would seem to hold up the line if they open everyone's sodas and water.

Has anyone sailed out of Miami? Are they strict at the port as far as the sodas must be carried on or can you put them in one of your checked bags? Do they really open your 12-packs? It would seem to hold up the line if they open everyone's sodas and water.

It's the luck of the draw on if they open your 12 packs.

People have been known to open the 12 packs and put beer in them and put the soda near the handle so it looks like a full case of soda when they reseal it.

If you are so insistant on packing the soda just give it a shot and hope for the best. The worst theywill do is take your soda.

Bill

It's the luck of the draw on if they open your 12 packs.

If you are so insistant on packing the soda just give it a shot and hope for the best. The worst theywill do is take your soda.

Bill

if you want your soda, just carry it on. no sense packing in where they might take it. Why even take the chance. you are allowed to bring it on board as long as you carry it on.

Can I bring bottled water and soda back on board on a port day? We are stopping in Key West and I will need to grab some for our Grand Cayman day. I will have already brought my allowed amount on during embarkation.

Like other have said, yes you can. There is a CVS pharmacy at the corner of Duval and Wall street right close to the port. That's probably your best bet for purchasing your stuff. That where we will be heading.

If you are coming straight from airport and not stopping until pier there is nothing within walking distance. There is the free shuttle across the parking lot which will take you to shopping. The shuttle has a schedule so a lot will depend on when you arrive at pier and how much time you have before you embark. The stores that used to be by the parking lot are now closed or at least they were in July.

Yeah, about cvs - but it gets heavy bringing it back on ship though. One gal had a small rolling carry on with it strapped on top. Very smart - imo.

Don't make the mistake of trying to buy a 20 oz in the harbor shop at the pier. Swanky shops - you see will them. Anyway - it was 3.89 and worker dude was offended at me when I decided to ask for the foundtain drink instead. Of course it was more. Jeesh!

Has anyone brought more than 12 per person? Ive always strictly followed that rule, but may bring a few more this trip.

My cruise buddy put 4 @ 6 packs of 20 oz in a hard body suit case and checked it for her mom and son. She didn't read rules and didn't see where she was suppose to bring them on in carry on.

Years ago I had waters in my checked luggage. Luggage was delayed till like 10pm because they inspected it. Had a little note in it about that. My bad cause I didn't read the rules.

Edited by tbbtravels

Has anyone brought more than 12 per person? Ive always strictly followed that rule, but may bring a few more this trip.

I would just follow the rules of 12 per person. Get more when you are in port.

Sent from my HTC One X using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
As long as you go by their guidelines there is no problem what so ever, I have taken soda and wine a few times, never any problems.

Since there seems to be a consensus that water is allowed, but not one on how it may be brought on, could I ask someone to point me to the Carnival.com actual guideline so I may interpret it myself. I looked around quite a bit, including their FAQs, and luggage policies, but not mention either way of water or soft drinks. I'm slightly disabled, and an extra 12 pack of waters is a lot heavier for me than most people. I'll have others that can help, but I'd still have to carry something of theirs, I'm sure. So I was hoping I could check-in my water.

Since there seems to be a consensus that water is allowed, but not one on how it may be brought on, could I ask someone to point me to the Carnival.com actual guideline so I may interpret it myself. I looked around quite a bit, including their FAQs, and luggage policies, but not mention either way of water or soft drinks. I'm slightly disabled, and an extra 12 pack of waters is a lot heavier for me than most people. I'll have others that can help, but I'd still have to carry something of theirs, I'm sure. So I was hoping I could check-in my water.

Not sure how you missed it because it is in the FAQs under Liquor & Beverage Policy:

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage#q-545894

Here is the pertinent language:

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Edited by MadManOfBethesda

Not sure how you missed it because it is in the FAQs under Liquor & Beverage Policy:

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage#q-545894

Here is the pertinent language:

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Thanks, MadMan. I probably missed it because it was under the heading of "Bringing Liquor Onboard- Embarkation Day" and skipped it looking for the general beverage policy. Then came the cooler policy. So, it was just overlooked, or skimmed over that made me miss it. But it is surely a definitive policy.

Thanks, MadMan. I probably missed it because it was under the heading of "Bringing Liquor Onboard- Embarkation Day" and skipped it looking for the general beverage policy. Then came the cooler policy. So, it was just overlooked, or skimmed over that made me miss it. But it is surely a definitive policy.

Don't feel too bad. It is hard to find. I missed and have looked at it 20+ times over the years. I even knew where it was suppose to be and still couldn't find it yesterday. LOL

Edited by tbbtravels

Just returned from the Splendor out of Miami. I had two twelve packs of soda in a small suitcase that I gave to the porter. I wrapped them in a heavy duty garbage bag in case one of the sodas busted.

The sodas made it to my room and it did not look like they opened the suitcase to check if it was soda instead of beer.