Noise from Adjoining Cabins

peikris

We will be sailing on the Breeze in February and have been assigned to room 8440, which is an adjoining cabin. Does anyone know from experience if this will be a noisy set up? We didn't realize this when we booked and now I'm wondering if we should try to switch. Thanks in advance:)

Depends who is adjoining you. My sister had one cruise where the people in the next cabin had very noisy children and she could hear a lot of noise through the adjoining door. Those doors do allow noise to carry to the next cabin.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Edited by Grayce

maybe it depends more on the neighbors, but we had one on our cruise on the magic and there were annoying kids who WERE NOT taught to LEAVE THE DOOR ALONE because MORE THAN ONCE they would open their side, constantly jiggle our handle, knock on our door, laugh, screech, etc.

we heard a lot of what was going on in that room through the door.

Before the cruise, i realized it was an adjoining room and called to make the switch. it would have been easy to do, BUT, there wasnt an available room to switch to (2 weeks before sailing) it was a long shot but they would have easily and happily switched us if there was a room

We had one with my SIL in the adjoining cabin - we rarely used the connecting door because we had the balconies open too.. but in answer to your question, from inside the cabin we could not tell whether or not they were in there...

This year on the glory we unknowingly had an adjoining cabin. Never again! Kids cried all hours of the day and night. Seemed like they never left their cabin. Parents were no better. They were constantly yelling. Makes me mad. When I'm in my cabin, I think about others and adjust my volume so not to disturb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, as noted by those above, you absolutely can hear more noise/conversation from next door with an adjoining cabin.

We had a very religious couple next to us on one cruise. The lady just kept yelling, OH GOD,,,,OH GOD! :eek:

"SKY"

Hey I am sorry if we disturbed you . DW forgot to pack the ball gag on that trip

Our adjoining cabin wasn't too bad, although we only had an adjoining once. What we notice more is small children in the cabin above us running back and forth and back and forth and stomping their feet. That is really annoying. You wonder how the parents can stand it being in the same cabin!

After our first experience in a connecting cabin, on our June 2011 Glory cruise with the neighbours from Hell, I swore never again in a connecting cabin.:mad:

DH described some of our "adventures":rolleyes: with the jerks next door in his review on the cruise. This was the first post to mention it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29790164&postcount=53

...but there are several more reports on the escalating obnoxiousness next door in later posts.

So...then, a little over a year ago, while booking my VS (Aft-Wrap) for this month's Pride cruise, I ran into a dilemma. The cabin I wanted (and was reputedly the most desirable) was a connecting cabin.:eek::( I decided to book it anyway, despite what I had previously sworn. The connecting door will be in our living room, which is actually a seperate room from the bedroom in this suite. So I am hoping that even if we have loud neighbours, we won't be as bothered by them as we were in a regular cabin. But I'm considering buying a sound-deadening curtain to hang over the door anyway.:p

We will be sailing on the Breeze in February and have been assigned to room 8440, which is an adjoining cabin. Does anyone know from experience if this will be a noisy set up? We didn't realize this when we booked and now I'm wondering if we should try to switch. Thanks in advance:)

I guess we have been lucky and have had completely opposite experiences with our connecting cabins than everyone else who replied.

When we sailed Dream back in 2012, we were in cabin 10274. I wasn't sure if having the door between two cabins would be a problem. It most definitely was not. We loved the location so much that we purposely booked 10277 (Opposite side of the ship.) on Breeze and Magic, both connecting cabins. We never heard any noise from next door. An added bonus- the door handle was a great place to hang a damp bathing suit. :D

The only time we ever had a situation with noise was on Glory in 2012. The people in the cabin next to us fought, screamed, and swore at each other the entire cruise. Thankfully it was only four days but we had to call Guest Services a few times because we though someone was was to get hurt. Note: this was NOT a connecting cabin. Either the walls were super thin or the couple was very loud. Or both.

This year on the glory we unknowingly had an adjoining cabin. Never again! Kids cried all hours of the day and night. Seemed like they never left their cabin. Parents were no better. They were constantly yelling. Makes me mad. When I'm in my cabin, I think about others and adjust my volume so not to disturb.

After our first experience in a connecting cabin, on our June 2011 Glory cruise with the neighbours from Hell, I swore never again in a connecting cabin.:mad:

DH described some of our "adventures" with the jerks next door in his review on the cruise. This was the first post to mention it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...4&postcount=53

...but there are several more reports on the escalating obnoxiousness next door in later posts.

...The only time we ever had a situation with noise was on Glory in 2012. The people in the cabin next to us fought, screamed, and swore at each other the entire cruise. Thankfully it was only four days but we had to call Guest Services a few times because we though someone was was to get hurt. Note: this was NOT a connecting cabin. Either the walls were super thin or the couple was very loud. Or both.

Hmmmm, I'm noticing a trend here.:cool:;)

Edited by ShakyBeef
chunk left out