Regal Princess Forward Facing Mini-Suite

jak378

We are booked in L104 on November30th. This cabin appears to beslightly larger than others in the same category, and is in fact listed as a "Premium." I am having second thoughts about the balcony being forward facing, specifically the wind factor while at sea, and I am seeing the possibility that the door may be locked while at sea. I am also concerned about the mention that it is partially obstructed with a metal, instead of glass, rail. Has anyone had any experience in this cabin or the others similar to it?

Thanks in advance.

We are booked in L104 on November30th. This cabin appears to beslightly larger than others in the same category, and is in fact listed as a "Premium." I am having second thoughts about the balcony being forward facing, specifically the wind factor while at sea, and I am seeing the possibility that the door may be locked while at sea. I am also concerned about the mention that it is partially obstructed with a metal, instead of glass, rail. Has anyone had any experience in this cabin or the others similar to it?

Thanks in advance.

They are a tad larger. The wind issue is big when underway and the steel rail is in the way when sitting down.

There are quite a few threads on the wind issue if you try a "forum search" on the main Princess page.

The door probably won't be locked.

You just have to weigh the negatives. We thought about one but not for long :).

Thanks in advance.

L104 is a deluxe balcony,not a minisuite.We had this cabin on Royal and have it booked for 2 more cruises.The balcony door is not locked by Princess.The obstruction is not a problem and you could park a truck on the balcony.Never noticed the wind being a factor.

We were in L107 on our recent Baltic Cruise on the Royal. L107 is a corner mini-suite with a balcony that wraps from the side to the front. We loved the room, and the balcony...when in port.....when the ship is underway, the wind is way too strong to use your balcony except in a situation when the wind is blowing from the rear of the ship forward which happened for us on only one day. Would we book the room again...absolutely....but just know that the wind will be an issue.

I think you are looking at the Royal deck plan. On the Regal it is M6, and that is what we are on. My main concern is the locking of the door when underway.

I just looked at the Regal Deck Plans. L104 is a DZ Deluxe Balcony. We have this cabin booked on the Royal in the Spring. I have read many posts where the doors are not locked. You must keep the curtains closed at night if the lights are on, however.

Cheers, Denise

Never noticed the wind being a factor.

We were in L107 .....when the ship is underway, the wind is way too strong to use your balcony except in a situation when the wind is blowing from the rear of the ship forward which happened for us on only one day. Would we book the room again...absolutely....but just know that the wind will be an issue.

Hmmmmm.

Ooops, my mistake, we are in L105. The same questions about wind and locking the door still apply. Sorry, I must have been having a senior moment or day.

The door will NOT be locked while at sea. However, wind may very well render the balcony useless while at sea. I had L108 for 26 days in April and loved the cabin but sometimes I couldn't even open the balcony door, it was so windy. Also, sometimes with high speed and wind, those forward cabins tend to vibrate and a droning noise can be bothersome if you're trying to sleep. It's great to be able to see out the bow of the ship and these are great cabins but be aware wind can (and is) an issue.

Just booked L108 for an Eastern Mediterranean on the Regal in Jan. 2015. Is the room as big as they say on the deck plan? (558 sq ft total, less 141 for the deck = 417sq ft for the cabin) At the price we paid, it seems like a steal, even if we might not be able to use the deck every single day. :)

Just booked L108 for an Eastern Mediterranean on the Regal in Jan. 2015. Is the room as big as they say on the deck plan? (558 sq ft total, less 141 for the deck = 417sq ft for the cabin) At the price we paid, it seems like a steal, even if we might not be able to use the deck every single day. :)

I stayed in L108 for 26 days. I would say it's about 400ish sq. ft. (although I didn't carry a measuring tape:D). I loved the cabin - great layout, spacious, and mostly quiet in terms of noisy neighbors. However, I was on a transatlantic in April/May when no one was using the massage areas above. A couple of time they moved around the furniture up there and the scraping was horrible. Just a fyi if you're going on a Caribbean cruise. There will be lots of activity right above you. Also, depending upon the wind and ship speed, this cabin vibrates and there is a droning noise that can be deafening. This kept me awake the second night but I called down to pax services and they notified the bridge (as well as sent me roses, etc.). The bridge was able to tweak its heading and the droning went away. Despite the windiness and droning noise, I loved this cabin. I probably wouldn't pay a premium for it (I got it when it still was classified as the lowest cost mini-suite), but would book it if it was a steal.