Specialty Coffees

GingerCandy

It has been awhile since we used the coffee card but hubby definitely wants one next time. Are they still punch cards? And if there are punches left can they be used on another cruise?

If punches are left, you can use them for the specialty coffees. You cannot enjoy the privilege of unlimited regular coffee. That was only for the original cruise. Enjoy!

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee.

You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees.

The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise.

The “unlimited” brewed coffee does not carry over.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is syrup based. Room service is also syrup based.

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, just as with ground coffee.

Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is syrup based. Room service is also syrup based.

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, just as with ground coffee.

Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

Although we consider ourselves coffee snobs and always buy the card, we kind of like the Princess syrup based in the AM with breakfast. It is pretty good, unique and reminds us of being on vacation on board ship. Afternoon coffee with some sweets from the International Cafe is where we use our card. Sometimes after dinner as well.

Ocean Princess has no International Café. Can one still get specialty coffees on board? If so, where? Where to purchase coffee card? Thanks.

Ocean Princess doesn't have much of anything, in my opinion. It is just too small in every area and the specialty restaurants on this ship are the most lame at sea. I love all the other Princess ships I have been on, but not this one. It's a yawner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ocean Princess doesn't have much of anything, in my opinion. It is just too small in every area and the specialty restaurants on this ship are the most lame at sea. I love all the other Princess ships I have been on, but not this one. It's a yawner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We each have our own preferences and experiences. We love the Ocean Princess. We enjoy getting to know our fellow passengers and the staff. Whenever we board we run into passengers from past cruises. There is little or no waiting and distances are much shorter.