Future Cruise Credits (FCC) why should I buy them

Fat Bottom Gurl

We always heard about "Booking your next cruise while onboard" and couldn't help thinking that it took everything we had to get here and we couldn't begin to think of where we wanted to go next time.

Then on about cruise number six we actually leaned how it works and have never been without multiple Future Cruise Deposits since. We wish we had paid more attention sooner but we are good to go now.

On a side note, Celebrity has started giving higher OBC for cruises BOOKED while onboard and lower OBC when just an open deposit is done while onboard. Seems like good marketing to me.

Terry

I always buy one or two FCCs and was sad to hear they were cancelled. So this is news to me that FCCs are back.

FCC == free money (aka OBC) $100

Combined with the stockholder benefit == sweet!!!! $100

Believe it or not, $200 can be hard to spend LOL

Most people aren't aware of this, but you can also purchase your FCC after you disembark. I had purchased 2 FCC's on my last cruise. After getting home decided to book another back to back, I called my princess vacation planner and purchased two more FCC's. I believe the time limit to do this is 30 days but it might be as much as 60 days.

But you don't get $100, only $30 (I did this and got 30)

Most people aren't aware of this, but you can also purchase your FCC after you disembark. I had purchased 2 FCC's on my last cruise. After getting home decided to book another back to back, I called my princess vacation planner and purchased two more FCC's. I believe the time limit to do this is 30 days but it might be as much as 60 days.

But you don't get $100, only $30 (I did this and got 30)

I got $100 and so did my mother.

I buy FCCs (for two) so that our deposit is only $200 at the time of booking-we get half of that back in OBC. The alternative is to pay 20% at booking which in the case of our cruise later this week would have meant shelling out $2,200 18 months before the trip (we booked March 2013)

No brainer!

I recently booked a September 2015 cruise to Norway with an FCC I bought in January 2014. It pays to have a couple standing by just in case and there is nothing to lose.

Norris