Suggestions for port of Miami hotel?

alyivan12

Only a few of the budget hotels/motels near the MIA airport offer "free" airport and port shuttles - La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center are often suggested.

Unless you are flying in late and just want a clean room before heading to POM the next morning I would not suggest staying near MIA.

Lots of hotels in downtown Miami close to POM - taxi from MIA will run about $25 and another $12 cab will get you to POM the next day.

Good luck! :)

I would not limit yourself to the shuttle because taxis are very reasonable.

Here are suggestions for hotels:

Hampton Inn (includes nice breakfast)

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Hyatt

Marriott

Holiday Inn Bayside

Price for a taxi to and from these hotels will be $25.00 airport to hotel and as mentioned around $10.00 to $12.00 to the port.

Keith

Thanks y'all. I think we're going to go with the La Quinta by the airport. Good price, free shuttles, and it's only for one night. :)

Eat before you arrive or be happy with delivery pizza or Chinese - no dining options nearby.

Thank you. We are coming in later so it's really only to sleep at.

Just know that you usually sign up for the POM shuttle when you arrive so if you want to get to the port early, you'll probably miss out on that. On the bright side, you can sleep in, get the last shuttle, and walk right on.

Thanks y'all. I think we're going to go with the La Quinta by the airport. Good price, free shuttles, and it's only for one night. :)

I've stayed there a couple times when we've arrived about 930pm and found it just fine. But for my cruise last week, I switched because we were arriving close to 1100pm. LaQuintas's LAST SHUTTLE IS 1100pm! If you miss, you'll have to pay taxi.

So 2 days before we switched to COMFORT SUITES... LOVED IT!!!

24 HR Airport Shuttle + FREE POM SHUTTLE.

Just so I have the right information, Comfort Suites at MIA has a shuttle at the airport if I come in at midnight and has a shuttle to the POM also? Since we're just there to sleep and get to the ship, it sounds perfect. We have never been to the POM so I appreciate all the information. :) Looking so forward to our 32 anniversary trip!

Just so I have the right information, Comfort Suites at MIA has a shuttle at the airport if I come in at midnight and has a shuttle to the POM also? Since we're just there to sleep and get to the ship, it sounds perfect. We have never been to the POM so I appreciate all the information. :) Looking so forward to our 32 anniversary trip!

Correct!

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your cruise!!

I would call the hotel to verify that the airport shuttle runs after midnight. ;)