What activities to do onboard?

angelwingsflys

Hi Everyone ,

I have booked the Century,first time Celebrity,but I have cruised on Carnival, Princess and P&O previously.

Someone has asked me what sort of things, they can do onboard as far as entertainment and activities ?

As I don't know as yet, can someone give me a rundown as to what Celebrity has on board .

I don't believe Celebrity isn't a party ship as such like P&O ,more sophisticated and elegant I have been lead to believe ,That is what I wanted anyway.

I assume trivia and art auctions, shows at night but what else is available?

Can someone help me, so that she can know that she doesn't have to read a book for something to do.

Help me :)

Cheers Deb

When we first started cruising (2012 - The Solstice) Mr Sloop feared that he would be bored when onboard / Sea Days.

Nothing could be further than the truth... He was (and still is) very happy with the many things that Celebrity offers on all it's ships (both S-Class & M-Class)

Personally, we enjoy Food & Wine... And picked Celebrity cause we heard great things about their Dining options.

But that theme carries over into the Celebrity Life events that happen everyday onboard as well. Here then are some examples... Scotch Tastings - Wine Tastings (by country or varietal) - Riedel Wine Glass Workshop - Behind The Scenes Galley Tour - Cooking Classes - Cookoff Competitions (Celebrity Chefs or Pax)

Beyond just this theme... Tons of other stuff too:

Trivia - Guest Speakers - Fitness Classes - Dance Classes - Workshops - Computer Classes

And so much more !!

Maybe someone will post a copy of Celebrity Today (or a link to one here on the Celebrity Board) so you can get a general idea of the many many choices available every day.

* Found one !! Here is a link to a recent topic by GRORYJM and his cruise in the Mediterranean on The Eclipse... Not your ship, but it does give a good idea of the variety of activities. In his first post you'll find links to the scans of the Celebrity Today Newsletters for his sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2087385&highlight=celebrity+today

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi Deb,

I'm also a first-timer, but I've lurked on these pages since I booked last January and asked lots of questions. I've learned lots of things on these threads since then, and I think the best activity of all when you go on any cruise is letting it all flow - just go and HAVE FUN!

I'm so looking forward to the end of October, when the Century leaves with us on board, for Fiji. DH and I have also been on P&O and Princess Cruises, and I'm sure this trip will beat anything they can do.

I think if you're friendly, smile a lot at the passengers and staff, and maybe mingle at the Connections Party, you'll be looking for rest time!:D

Have a great time on board, and welcome to Criuse Critic.

Kind regards,

ratacake

When we first started cruising (2012 - The Solstice) Mr Sloop feared that he would be bored when onboard / Sea Days.

Nothing could be further than the truth... He was (and still is) very happy with the many things that Celebrity offers on all it's ships (both S-Class & M-Class)

Personally, we enjoy Food & Wine... And picked Celebrity cause we heard great things about their Dining options.

But that theme carries over into the Celebrity Life events that happen everyday onboard as well. Here then are some examples... Scotch Tastings - Wine Tastings (by country or varietal) - Riedel Wine Glass Workshop - Behind The Scenes Galley Tour - Cooking Classes - Cookoff Competitions (Celebrity Chefs or Pax)

Beyond just this theme... Tons of other stuff too:

Trivia - Guest Speakers - Fitness Classes - Dance Classes - Workshops - Computer Classes

And so much more !!

Maybe someone will post a copy of Celebrity Today (or a link to one here on the Celebrity Board) so you can get a general idea of the many many choices available every day.

* Found one !! Here is a link to a recent topic by GRORYJM and his cruise in the Mediterranean on The Eclipse... Not your ship, but it does give a good idea of the variety of activities. In his first post you'll find links to the scans of the Celebrity Today Newsletters for his sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2087385&highlight=celebrity+today

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thank you ,for the info and the link .Just what I was looking for .

cheers Deb

Go to the Cova Cafe and have a Cappuccino (free if you have the beverage pkg), then have one of those little pastries (free). it's only half the calories if you don't go back for another.:D

Trivia

Lectures

Port talks

Zumba? It's on the bigger ships, don't know about Century.

Lunch at the Aqua Spa cafe, a delightful alternative to the MDR and the buffet

Gym

Movies

Consult the daily activity sheet delivered to your cabin each evening and pack a highliter to mark the things you want to do. It's so easy to forget them.

Enjoy your cruise....most important of all.

The flow of activities and things to do on Celebrity will mirror what you have experienced on the other lines you have sailed.

No super slide like Carnival, no movie by the pool like Princess, but everything else will just about be the same, with a Celebrity way of doing it. In a nut shell, not much different at all.

You will find basically the same kind of activites as on the other ships along with the passengers that need to cheat to win a cheap prize. We went to a Wheel of Fortune game. People were yelling out the answer before any letters were given. The CD even had to commented on how it was so unbelievable. I guess they need to change the answers occassionally.

People would have binders and notebooks with cheat sheet answers for the trivia and etc. It got to where it was not any fun to go or participate except to sit there and be amused at what extremes people will go to to win a cheap prize.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅