Spirit Grand Med - Disembarkation Time at Venice

KeithJenner

Hi,

I'm just considering flight options for our trip next year, and am tempted to get a flight that leaves Marco Polo at about 11.30am. This is based on the fact that disembarkation started at 8am when we were on the Jade this year so it should be fairly easy to get to the airport in plenty of time by taxi.

However, I notice that on the cruise summary for the Spirit Grand Med that it states disembarkation at 9am. This seems late, considering that we will have been at the port since the previous afternoon, and would make an 11.30 flight quite tight (but not impossible).

Can anyone who has been on this itinerary recently confirm what time disembarkation actually started.

Thanks.

Hi Keith, we took the cruise from Venice to Barcelona last year. So can not help you. Why not pop into be of the remaining roll calls for this season and ask one of the cruisers to get back to you after their upcoming trip?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Keith, we took the cruise from Venice to Barcelona last year. So can not help you. Why not pop into be of the remaining roll calls for this season and ask one of the cruisers to get back to you after their upcoming trip?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good idea thanks. I may do that, although it seems there is new helpful info on the next post.

To be honest, I had sort of decided to forget about the earlier flight until I read on further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi kieth we have just got off spirit, we had 11.35 ba flight, and got early disembark at 6.30am,they then shut the gangway until 8.00am for normal disembark and luggage collection.hope this helps.

That is really helpful thanks. The 11.35 BA flight is the one I'm looking at. Later flights either go to the wrong airport or are a lot later (we were on the next Gatwick flight this year and it's a long wait before you can check in).

I'm now tempted to go with the 11.35 again. Can I just ask how you got the early disembark, and check that it was 8am that they reopened the gangway and not 9am. We are platinum if that makes any difference.

It will be very handy if we can get the 11.35 but I don't want to end up missing the flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi kieth we have just got off spirit, we had 11.35 ba flight, and got early disembark at 6.30am,they then shut the gangway until 8.00am for normal disembark and luggage collection.hope this helps.

Sorry, I should also have said that I hope you had a great time. It's a fabulous itinerary.

hi keith,to get the early disembark, you have to take proof of flight to reception, they photo copy it and put you on a list, you are checked that you are on the list when you disembark with your luggage,if your not on the list they wont let you off. i confirm that 8.00am was normal disembark. whe had a great time and thought food was better than previous ncl cruises

hi keith,to get the early disembark, you have to take proof of flight to reception, they photo copy it and put you on a list, you are checked that you are on the list when you disembark with your luggage,if your not on the list they wont let you off. i confirm that 8.00am was normal disembark. whe had a great time and thought food was better than previous ncl cruises

Great, thanks. I think we'll go for the 11.35 then. If normal disembarkation starts at 8 then that should be plenty of time. We plan on prebooking some transport and we will have 90 minutes to get to the airport if we aim to get there two hours before the flight.

Thanks for your help.