Specialty Coffee and Helipad, 2 questions please

LAKaye

Hello All~~

On impulse I booked a cruise for January 2015 on Quantum, so now I've been wandering around the threads here looking for info on Quantum....

Is it known yet, or would anyone care to speculate......

1) Will there be a specialty coffee and pasty place? I was greatly spoiled by Cafe al Baccio on the Celebrity Summit. I haven't been on a Royal ship in too many years.

2) Will passengers be able to go out onto the helipad at the front of the ship? We can on many Royal ships, but we could not on the Celebrity ship. I so love the helipads, but I'm seeing comments on how the Quantum resembles the Solstice, which would make the helipad off limits to passengers.

Thank you very much~~

L

No information that I am aware of regarding access to the helipad. It varies by ship with those that have one as well. Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom classes all have open access to the helipad but Oasis class does not and is only available by invitation for special occasions. Have to wait and see with Quantum class I guess.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

No information that I am aware of regarding access to the helipad. It varies by ship with those that have one as well. Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom classes all have open access to the helipad but Oasis class does not and is only available by invitation for special occasions. Have to wait and see with Quantum class I guess.
Expanding on this. R, V and F class helipads are accessible by generally open stairs from the Promenade Deck, while O class is only accessible by invitation thru a generally closed door at the end of a corridor. Looking at the currently available Deck Plans and the currently released quasi-photos I think Q class helipad access will be similar to O class (but I agree that we have to wait and see to be sure). The last two Celebrity ships do not actually have helipads, but rather winch lift points (they look very similar to helipads, but have "Do Not Land" markings). It will be interesting to see if Q class has actual helipads or winch lift points.

Thom

Hello All~~

On impulse I booked a cruise for January 2015 on Quantum, so now I've been wandering around the threads here looking for info on Quantum....

Is it known yet, or would anyone care to speculate......

1) Will there be a specialty coffee and pasty place? I was greatly spoiled by Cafe al Baccio on the Celebrity Summit. I haven't been on a Royal ship in too many years.

2) Will passengers be able to go out onto the helipad at the front of the ship? We can on many Royal ships, but we could not on the Celebrity ship. I so love the helipads, but I'm seeing comments on how the Quantum resembles the Solstice, which would make the helipad off limits to passengers.

Thank you very much~~

L

Have you been here clear.gifCountdown to Quantum Class

Expanding on this. R, V and F class helipads are accessible by generally open stairs from the Promenade Deck, while O class is only accessible by invitation thru a generally closed door at the end of a corridor. Looking at the currently available Deck Plans and the currently released quasi-photos I think Q class helipad access will be similar to O class (but I agree that we have to wait and see to be sure). The last two Celebrity ships do not actually have helipads, but rather winch lift points (they look very similar to helipads, but have "Do Not Land" markings). It will be interesting to see if Q class has actual helipads or winch lift points.

Thom

It would be a winch lift point. Many pictures over in the Wuantum thread of the bow of the ship. It looks like there is access however it is not clear if it is crew, passenger or Oasis class special invite.

Much of the area of the bow is exposed to the working deck below.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Have you been here clear.gifCountdown to Quantum Class

Oh yes, I have been to the Quantum special thread--a great thread! Actually, my intention was to post my questions there, but I see today that I bungled that up.

Sad to hear the likely off-limits helipad. :( I have enjoyed such a sense of serene freedom and peace sitting out on the helipads of other Royal ships while at sea.

Thank you all for your replies~~

L

Oh yes, I have been to the Quantum special thread--a great thread! Actually, my intention was to post my questions there, but I see today that I bungled that up.

Sad to hear the likely off-limits helipad. :( I have enjoyed such a sense of serene freedom and peace sitting out on the helipads of other Royal ships while at sea.

Thank you all for your replies~~

L

Post 2609 on page 131 shows the "helipad deck"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1855809&page=131

Oh my~~

Thank you for directing me to that thread with the other photo. That must be Anthem next to Quantum?

Decades ago my first cruise was on the Amerikanis. She had something of a wrap-promenade, and you could go out there at the front of the ship any time of day or night. It was thrilling to be there while at sea.

Thanks again~

L

Edited by LAKaye