Pride of America port or starboard

travelmama06

Can anyone help me choose which side of the ship is the overall best for views throughout the cruise

We like to be able to see the port when we are arriving at each one !

Of course Napali coast etc

What is your opinion ?

Thanks

For the NaPali Coast, definitely the Port Side, or an aft facing. I seem to recall the best views coming into Maui were Port side. If you look at the map of the itinerary, it looks like the Port side is facing land for much of the trip. When we left the Big Island of Hawaii, there was a wonderful view of Hawaii and the mountains from the aft of the ship for a long time. We seemed to follow the coast for awhile and then head out at right angle from the coast. The island was in view for quite a while. We enjoyed this from the Aloha Lanai which takes up the entire aft area on deck 11. Open air and shaded. Nice seating.

This is probably the most asked question about the POAm.

I prefer the port side. Mostly for the NaPali cliffs sail-by on Friday afternoon. This is if you are talking about having a lanai on your room. In Maui when arriving, most of the land scenes are on the starboard side for sail-in. Same for sail in to Hilo. As to the side against the pier in Maui, usually it is port side. In Hilo, it can vary, due to several things, one of which is ... if they are going to do a crew life boat test that day. As to Hilo sail away, port side again for me. If they are doing a sail-by of lava entering the ocean, or is coming down the mountain, the starboard side works best, but it is a short sail-by usually, as to the NaPali one is nice and slow and long.

Kona...does not dock.

Sail into Kauai, the best views are on port side coming in.... and on sail out you can see the other view from port side, as you will sail out at 2pm. Sail-by the NaPali cliffs...Port.

these are my sights and likes.

Chuck

last year, we sailed with a port side balcony and the NaPali coast was stunning. Slower sailby on port than on starboard.

We did have a lava sailby on starboard, but not nearly so close or beautiful as this:

1069977_10151762740565990_1090386140_n.jpg.4419be18c995f8a78c08dc62010698bd.jpg

Edited by elhenry