Where is my free drinks package?

*twinkle*

We have just booked the Millennium for Christmas and New Year, Hong Kong to Singapore.

We seem to be in the minority of people, as we didn't get any free drinks or gratuities, but we did get the princely sum of $200 per cabin OBC. We have booked two balcony cabins.

Does this seem right? We used a UK TA, and they inform me that they had to basically beg for the OBC!! I asked them to use the discount code for Captains Club members taken from Celebrity's website ($125 pp discount), but they said it was not redeemable on the type of fare they have booked.

I am just waiting for our confirmation to see what they have charged pp for the cruise, as they have packaged everything up with flights, transfers and hotels.

Everything is booked now, so it's too late to actually do anything about it. Any thoughts anyone?

No drinks package for us booking out of Australia either....it's our first cruise so I guess we were not savvy enough to book at the correct time.... But when the special came up we didn't want to lose our cabin selection...

Problem is I don't want to feel resentful when we have to pay for what other people got for free....not a great way to encourage Aussies onto x ships....

Not to mention we are paying top dollar for the cruise in the first place.

I feel your pain but I'm determined not to dwell on this when it comes time for our dream holiday:D

Check with your TA. Celebrity does offer a pick your perk or some sort of deal to get drinks, airfare, gratuities or OBC as a perk. Sometimes they will let you pick two. But mostly only one. It's worth the asking to get both.

Remember to always enjoy your cruise, and don't sweat the small stuff.

We have just booked the Millennium for Christmas and New Year, Hong Kong to Singapore.

We seem to be in the minority of people, as we didn't get any free drinks or gratuities, but we did get the princely sum of $200 per cabin OBC. We have booked two balcony cabins.

Does this seem right? We used a UK TA, and they inform me that they had to basically beg for the OBC!! I asked them to use the discount code for Captains Club members taken from Celebrity's website ($125 pp discount), but they said it was not redeemable on the type of fare they have booked.

I am just waiting for our confirmation to see what they have charged pp for the cruise, as they have packaged everything up with flights, transfers and hotels.

Everything is booked now, so it's too late to actually do anything about it. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi twinkle

Not much help for a booked cruise but next time look at booking with an online US based TA. It was just as easy as when I booked our first cruise with a UK TA, but the UK TA only rebated the taxes and fees, the US one gave me a big discount AND the 123GO options, natch chose bev package and will upgrade at $11.50pppd.

Also although deposit is higher at $900 (2pax) it is fully refundable until final payment next August! Have a look at the website called the US equivalent of Holiday Takeaway;)

Edited by Killington

For UK bookings, the drinks package is currently only being offered for selected sailings between Jan-Mar 2015. To the OP, you may have paid less for your trip than you would have if booked during a 123 Go Promo period.

However, I would agree with Killington, we are converts to using US agents. Prices are usually less but they always offer perks on top. However as the OP is on a package incl flights it was possibly still easier to do that as a package through Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk