How Long Does It Take...

karinad

I just got the NCL MasterCard about 3 weeks ago. How long does it take the points to post? Our cruise is at the end of Oct. I want to be able to take advantage of my earnings on this cruise. I don't know where on with which cruise line we'll sail next. I know I won't lose the points, but I don't want them sitting there for a few years.

Thanks!

I just got the NCL MasterCard about 3 weeks ago. How long does it take the points to post? Our cruise is at the end of Oct. I want to be able to take advantage of my earnings on this cruise. I don't know where on with which cruise line we'll sail next. I know I won't lose the points, but I don't want them sitting there for a few years.

Thanks!

We made a purchase as soon as we got the card and the bonus points posted on the first statement.

Edited by pizzalady1

Thanks!

Agree with previous posters... the points will be pending after making your 1st purchase, then will become available for redemption once your billing cycle closes. As soon as they're available, you can call the 800 number (on the WorldPoints web site) to redeem them. The rep will email an Amenity Confirmation following your call.

Agree with previous posters... the points will be pending after making your 1st purchase, then will become available for redemption once your billing cycle closes. As soon as they're available, you can call the 800 number (on the WorldPoints web site) to redeem them. The rep will email an Amenity Confirmation following your call.

So...the points that I've earned up to the end of the billing cycle (lets say that billing cycle ends Oct. 15th) I'll be able to use for OBC's for my Oct. 27th cruise? I must call World Points so they could transfer them for me?

FWIW, if you are saying the points for one of the big awards or unless you are buying a car or something on the card that is going to set you up for LOTZ of points, you might want to consider waiting until after your cruise to redeem. That way you can get 2 points for every dollar you spend on board. Once you are home, you can then just redeem them for cash.

FWIW, if you are saying the points for one of the big awards or unless you are buying a car or something on the card that is going to set you up for LOTZ of points, you might want to consider waiting until after your cruise to redeem. That way you can get 2 points for every dollar you spend on board. Once you are home, you can then just redeem them for cash.

Oh...how does that work? Sorry, I'm new to this card. I have CCL cc and I know that you could redeem the points on any type of travel within so many months(maybe 6?) after travel. What's the points to cash ratio? I know that these cruise credit cards aren't the best cards to earn rewards with.

The last time I cashed in points for On Board Credit, it took about 10,000 points for $100. I do not remember how far in advance of your cruise you had to call in order to redeem points for OBC. I think I called about 10 days in advance of my cruise.

Oh...how does that work? Sorry, I'm new to this card. I have CCL cc and I know that you could redeem the points on any type of travel within so many months(maybe 6?) after travel. What's the points to cash ratio? I know that these cruise credit cards aren't the best cards to earn rewards with.

I'd suggest taking a look at the rewards website, that way you can find out exactly the number of points you have or expect to have will be worth. I've never cashed mine out...we saved over three or four years and used our 60k points to upgrade from an inside to "our" bow facing, huge balcony stateroom on our 19 day cruise next year...that "saved" us over $2,300! More valuable at least in personal satisfaction than the 180k points on my Delta card it took to move us from the back of the bus to biz class last year when we flew to our Italian cruise.

The credit card reward points that I've gotten the most for are United, which we flew r/t to Europe with last yr. and Starwoods SPG points that we stayed in Amsterdam with. Also, Hilton Honors and Amex.

I try to use one credit card, to aim for free travel, at a time.

Clay, that sounds like a great way to use your points for the upgraded cabin! We only book balcony cabins. It would be nice to get an inside and upgrade to balcony. I always look at the price of the inside cabins and wish that I could tolerate one because the price is so much cheaper! We spend a lot of time in the cabin, so, the room is 99% to us.

I just got my first NCL charge statement. It says that the closing date was Sept. 5, so, I guess the next one will be around Oct. 5 and so on...Nov 5 we will still be on our cruise. If I didn't want to wait until after the cruise to redeem them. will the Oct. 5 closing date total points be what's available for us to transfer over to our onboard acct.? If that's the case, then I don't want to use the credit card after the Oct. 5 closing because it won't help me on that cruise?

Then, again, if we would buy a Future Cruise Certificate and plan to cruise in the near future with NCL that would be double points on the cc. I guess it's a good idea to know before sailing if there's a future cruise that looks good. I do like to plan ahead, but, it's usually after I get off the cruise, not quite a year ahead.

Playing the "points/miles" game takes some work and planning!

Keep in mind you have a good while to use the future cruise credit. We try to always have two on our account. They are really great for long expensive cruises booked waaaay in advance. The $150 (net) we gave NCL has been paying the deposit on our April 2015 cruise since last February....if not for the FCC, ithe deposit would have been $800 as I recall.

• 2 weeks later...

We're a month out from our cruise. If I don't transfer my cc points over to my cruise acct., I can wait until after my cruise and then call who? Is it MasterCard for NCL or is it NCL to cash out? Do they apply it as a credit to your card? Does the cash=the same amount (10,000=$100.)?

I know it's not the way to think, but, if either I or my dh suddenly die, those hard earned points die with us. Yeah, sick I know, but we had sudden deaths in our family a few yrs. ago. Our daughter died suddenly just before we were going on a cruise. Of course, no cruise without her. Use it or lose it! Having said that, I do love to plan a yr. or more for a cruise. Planning is 90% of going!

We're a month out from our cruise. If I don't transfer my cc points over to my cruise acct., I can wait until after my cruise and then call who? Is it MasterCard for NCL or is it NCL to cash out? Do they apply it as a credit to your card? quote]

Hello, does anyone have the website to where you can look up the rewards? Thanks in advance

I access the redemption site by logging onto Bank of America account...here is where it took me:

https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RWDapp/ns/home?mc=mwprwd&tks=8a41aa484810efad0148a36e71645fe8