Anyone going on Eclipse? Board Games- A favor...

cruiserjt

Hoping someone leaving on the Eclipse soon can report what board games are available in the library or kids club. My family is cruising over Christmas and our Christmas Eve tradition is to play a classic board game - Monopoly, Clue or something like that. My kids are eleven and I just need to know what I should pack or not pack. My plan B is a deck of UNO cards or Scategories. Real info about what is on board is much appreciated.

Hoping someone leaving on the Eclipse soon can report what board games are available in the library or kids club. My family is cruising over Christmas and our Christmas Eve tradition is to play a classic board game - Monopoly, Clue or something like that. My kids are eleven and I just need to know what I should pack or not pack. My plan B is a deck of UNO cards or Scategories. Real info about what is on board is much appreciated.

Are you flying? We are also on this cruise and we are driving down so we could bring some games.

Let me know what you find out and I'll check our game inventory.

Yes we are! Coming in from NH. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. We are so counting down. I. Teach at the local college and this coincides with the end of the semester. One big sigh will be heard on Dec 20 when we leave from Boston. Hopefully there will be no blizzard!

Not sure what games are on each ship, but when GF and I travel we usually bring a few travel-sized games with us. Then can mean anything from a magnetic chess set to more obscure games. We're both avid board game players so when travel our requirements are that the game:

1) Be easily portable (small and light).

2) Have enough variety to keep us entertained if we end up playing it a lot.

3) Games are brief enough that they can fit into the small bits of time that crop up between the main activities.

I'd recommend trusting the ship for the classic games (Monopoly, Sorry, etc.) as they'll usually have a decent enough selection if that's what you're in the mood for, and find one or two small ones you can easily pack. A great one for kids is Fluxx. It's cheap, easy to learn, has endless variety, and only takes up as much space as an ordinary deck of cards. It also tends to get a lot of attention from passers-by, so it can be a great way to make new friends on board.

Yes we are! Coming in from NH. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. We are so counting down. I. Teach at the local college and this coincides with the end of the semester. One big sigh will be heard on Dec 20 when we leave from Boston. Hopefully there will be no blizzard!

Fingers crossed for good weather for all as we travel down.

I'm putting a note in my things that I pack. We will need to figure out how to meet.