HAs anyone done this excursion in Belize?

gardiner41

Water Caye Tropical Island Getaway

I can't find any information on this little Island.

The only one I can find is South Water Caye..is it the same thing?

If you have done this beach break would you please provide details on:

Is there food available?

IF yes, what are some examples of food offered and prices if known.

Is it very crowded?

Is there lots of shade and water

Thank you

We stopped at Water Caye after our snorkeling trip. It had an open air restaurant (covered) with a bar. Just a few food choices which were about $8, I think local beer (Belikin) was $4. Pretty little island, nothing special, but the ships dock miles and miles away from port because of the reef (second longest in the world) so the plus is that you are picked up for the trips right at the ship.

We stopped at Water Caye after our snorkeling trip. It had an open air restaurant (covered) with a bar. Just a few food choices which were about $8, I think local beer (Belikin) was $4. Pretty little island, nothing special, but the ships dock miles and miles away from port because of the reef (second longest in the world) so the plus is that you are picked up for the trips right at the ship.

Thank you.

How long ago were you there?

Do you remember if the snorkeling was any good and if the bottom at the beach was sandy and clear . My DH will only goin in if it is very clear...he is a landlubber lol

We don't need anything super special or fancy. Just clean, safe and a good spot for me to snorkel from shore.

I have read a lot of complaints, so I am trying to figure out if it is people were expecting something different or if it really is not very good.

We were in Belize in January and did the Lamanai Ruins tour which was excellent. Normally we do private or independent tours but with the tender I want to just book something through the ship and not worry about it.

If you remember any details I would appreciate any extra info you have.

Thank you