Celebrity Drink Package - Classic vs. Premium

Nikkibird

We have received the Classic Drink Package as an added bonus to our recent booking on the Equinox. I have found a posting with the list of all the drinks offered in the Classic package. Does anyone have the list of everything offered in the Premium Package?? And did I see a posting that Pastries are included?? Just wondering if it is worth paying the $11.00 per day to upgrade. :D:p

The following thread is an official posting from Celebrity from last May. The first post on the thread summarizes the differences and has attachments listing what is included in each package.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

In a nutshell the biggest difference is that the premium package includes top shelf premium spirits although the classic package does include some nice call brands. For wine the classic package includes a few basic selections of red and white wines but the premium package includes a little broader variety of reds and whites including some wines that are a little nicer - although the best wines on the ship are generally only available by the bottle so they're not in either package. As far as drinks themselves, most basic cocktails are included in either package with the biggest difference being the spirits you can have them made with. A lot of the more involved "craft" cocktails, including all of the cocktails at the Molecular Bar on the S class ships are only available on the premium package. The larger martinis at the martini bar made with top shelf spirits require the premium package as well although you can get smaller more basic martinis made with the classic spirits.

The premium package includes a few non-alcoholic beverages not included in the classic package with the most notable to me being sparkling bottled water.

A final major difference: With the classic package if you want to order a drink over the price cap for the package you have to pay the entire cost of the beverage. With the premium package you only pay the excess of the price of the drink over the premium package limit.

Edited by Lsimon

Here is the post by CCs CELEBRITY CRUISES Rep you are needing / looking for:

Official Celebrity Beverage Packages (May 28, 2014) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

They have attached the current list of Brandnames for both the Classic & Premium Alcohol Pkgs as well as the Parametrs for Spirits, Beers, Wines & Cocktails (Max Cost by the pour) and also a list of what non-alcohol items are Los included in each pkg

--- --- ---

As others have mentioned, food doesn't enter into these Pkgs at all

I am guessing tho what you read was that Cafe al Bacio which serves Premium Coffees & Teas (ala Starbucks) and Specialty Coffees (those with Booze in them) also serves up Pastries & Sweets... And unknown to many Pax that those are FREE.

Pretty sure that is where the confusion lies

--- --- ---

Personally, we always opt for the Premium Pkg... As it offers more in line with what we prefer to drink... A better selection of Beers, Wines, Spirits & Liqueurs, and Cocktails & Martinis.

Plus if we want any special item, having the Premium means you just pay the difference in price (ie $ 15 item means a $ 2 charge) vs the Classic Pkg where if you buy anything beyond the Pkg max you pay the whole charge (in this example $ 15)

If you want to upgrade from the 123GO offer that came with your booking, note you'll be asking for the 123GO Classic to Premium Upgrade... This means you'll be charged $ 10 US per day plus the 15% Grats per NIGHT (Total = $ 11.50 US) remaining in your cruise... as that is how they actually do the math.

You can do the upgrade by phoning Celebrity... Or by doing it when you are onboard. They sell Bevvy Pkgs & Upgrades for several days at he front end of a cruise (at some point they stop)

The advantage is if you are not 100% sure which pkg is truly for you, you can try out the Classic

Just be aware that NOTHING will be backdated... So if you drink something off the Premium list or beyond BEFORE you switch you will incur the full cost

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Anyone know how current this is and what about "foo foo" drinks....we had premium on a 14 day TA(rccl) and it was great...Classic seems limited(?)

The May 28th post by the CC CELEBRITY CRUISES Rep (link in both my post and the one by LSIMON... relies # 4 and # 5) is the one currently in effect

Most Cocktails & Martinis fit into the Parameters of the Premium Pkg... Although sometimes there are a few that do not

See my post above that clarifies how upcharge items work in the Classic & Premium Pkgs (ie the $ 15 Drink)

As well, multi pour items are not usually covered by a Pkg (Beer Buckets - Martini Flights - Wine Workshops etc)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

You can get intoxicated with either package. It depends on what you want. We upgraded the first few times and even though it is only $11.50 extra it can be a considerable expense on a cruise over 7 days.

We were able to try many of the different concoctions, beers, wines and etc. Most will really indulge the first few days and then taper off towards the end of the cruise and settle into a few favorites.

We now are sailing on 14 day cruises and found from our other crusies that the classic is all we need. We are mostly classic style drink consumers so it doesn't make sense to spend close to $350 that the upgrade would be for 14 days.

You can always upgrade later during the cruise if the classic doesn't suit you paying for the remaining days.

It is a lot easier spending other people's money so just do what suits your tastes and budget.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

There is still so much confusion between the drink package attachments Celebrity posted on the boards this past May and the actual reality so, I have one more Classic Drink package for anyone who has recently experienced what is reality. Are specialty coffees, Bailey's Irish Cream, and frozen drinks included?

Thanks.

There is still so much confusion between the drink package attachments Celebrity posted on the boards this past May and the actual reality so, I have one more Classic Drink package for anyone who has recently experienced what is reality. Are specialty coffees, Bailey's Irish Cream, and frozen drinks included?

Thanks.

I agree it s confusing.

Part of hat lies in the terminology Premium Coffee & Specialty Coffee... And Celebrity's poor use of words on their website (lol, another website issue)

It is further complicated by Customers wanting more & more up to the minute info... And THE FACT that things are always uniform across the line

This comes down to where in the world the ship is - local sourcing - availability - useage on the ship... As well as the human factor and interpretation of the rules by Bartenders / Servers when it comes to the various pkgs

I suggest you take a look at this recent thread... The issue is laid out there quite well (and suggested solutions) by various CC members

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095431

Cheers!

We had the classic drink package (123Go) last January. We had the intention of upgrading to premium once on board, but never felt the need to. DH drinks rusty nails, I like cosmos and the frozen daiquiries. We had no problems. Cocktails can be served in a 'half' size. With the drink package, you can have a second one to make up for the smaller portion drink.

enjoy

We had the classic drink package (123Go) last January. We had the intention of upgrading to premium once on board, but never felt the need to. DH drinks rusty nails, I like cosmos and the frozen daiquiries. We had no problems. Cocktails can be served in a 'half' size. With the drink package, you can have a second one to make up for the smaller portion drink.

enjoy

By all accounts the half-size or smaller pours are at the discretion of the Bartender / Ship Policy... So therefore it is not a consistent thing and Cruisers should not expect it as part of the regular Bevvy Alcohol Pkgs. (On the Classic as a way to covering items otherwise found on the Premium Pkg)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB