Great Stirup Cay Charges

kba1988

Hi CC friends,

I have a couple of questions I hoping someone of you might be able to help me with. Its been 2 years since DW and I have done the Bahamas route on NCL.

1) Are charges on Great Stirup Cay done by using your room key card?

2) The OBC that you receive for renting a Cabana on GSC, if you don't use it all, is it kept on your KC to use it on the ship?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi CC friends,

I have a couple of questions I hoping someone of you might be able to help me with. Its been 2 years since DW and I have done the Bahamas route on NCL.

1) Are charges on Great Stirup Cay done by using your room key card?

2) The OBC that you receive for renting a Cabana on GSC, if you don't use it all, is it kept on your KC to use it on the ship?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yes, charges made on the island are on your cabin key. I have read conflicting accounts on the food and beverage credit, some have reported that they were able to use the un-used portion of the credit when back onboard.

Yes, charges made on the island are on your cabin key. I have read conflicting accounts on the food and beverage credit, some have reported that they were able to use the un-used portion of the credit when back onboard.

Sparks1093

Thanks so much for the info.

If you are using separate credit cards for your onboard accounts, the person who booked the cabana gets the $50 food/beverage credit. I booked the cabana and used my keycard for the first round of drinks but my brother used his for the 2nd round so it showed an unused credit on my account. We went to guest services and had the drinks my brother charged moved over to my account and that took care of the cabana credit.

If you are using separate credit cards for your onboard accounts, the person who booked the cabana gets the $50 food/beverage credit. I booked the cabana and used my keycard for the first round of drinks but my brother used his for the 2nd round so it showed an unused credit on my account. We went to guest services and had the drinks my brother charged moved over to my account and that took care of the cabana credit.

We kept it simple and ordered a bottle of rum;), which of course brought our credit to zero and then some (but we had rum left over to use on the ship:)).

Good point about bringing cash. Does anyone know if you can pay for activities directly on the island instead of thru the Excursions Desk, or instead of pre-booking on the website? And will they let you charge your room key at that time? Guess we'll need to bring more cash than we first thought.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Good point about bringing cash. Does anyone know if you can pay for activities directly on the island instead of thru the Excursions Desk, or instead of pre-booking on the website? And will they let you charge your room key at that time? Guess we'll need to bring more cash than we first thought.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I don't think that you can pay for excursions on the island and if you do then it would go on your cabin card. If you get an excursion at the shore excursion desk they will put it on your card.

Yes, you can pay for things once you get to the island with your key card. We did...at least for like the hippo slide and renting floats and so on. Everything is as if you're on the ship. Your food is free and so is the soda's if you have the soda package (just like on the ship). If you buy alcohol, you use your key card and sign the slip just like you would on the ship. (Well, maybe not if you have the unlimited alcohol package). :p The only thing we needed cash for was to buy anything at the little shops on the island.