Obsessing over a Guarantee

SiBreeze

SiBreeze...

No cabin yet! Maybe they are saving the Grand Suite for us? Ha Ha. I have never had Princess not assign a cabin until you get to the pier. But I have heard it happens. Princess says you can call them and ask your cabin number after the Cruise Personalizer is locked, five days before the cruise.

I would be unhappy if I could not print out my luggage tags. I just bought some cute clear plastic tag holders on EBay.

Edited by LovetheSea

SiBreeze.. We are on your cruise. No mini suite GNTY assigment yet. I guess we will all be bunking side by side in the lifeboats :)

BrandiGreg.. The mature side of me knows this. But it takes Princess a while to get around to E Mailing you. I want to find out ASAP!

Jadn13

M4dC0w

Jdellachiesa

& LovetheSea

Has anyone gotten a cabin assignment yet? I'm still obsessively checking. :eek:

you can still print luggage tags after the cruise personalizer is shut down. as the guarantee gets closer, I go to print it many times a day to see if there's a cabin on it yet.

now I'm looking forward to see where you all end up!

I'm not to worried overall, as I initally booked a balcony. Since the price drop and OBCs I upgraded. Regardless they still have balconies, and a downgrade would include perks if they end up doing it.

Getting USD OBCs at par in CAD, and everything will definately make this trip interesting.

Never have I gotten an assignment this late, so it'll add to the adventure. :cool:

I'm not to worried overall, as I initally booked a balcony. Since the price drop and OBCs I upgraded. Regardless they still have balconies, and a downgrade would include perks if they end up doing it.

Getting USD OBCs at par in CAD, and everything will definately make this trip interesting.

Never have I gotten an assignment this late, so it'll add to the adventure. :cool:

Balconies are now sold out as well as the mini's and full suites. What the heck is taking so long? I've never had a guarantee assigned so late either.

I see the personalizer is now closed. :(

Edited by SiBreeze

I called Princess today. Asked about our Sept 20 sailing. She said it may be assigned later today. She said she doesn't know what is going on? She said the people doing the assigning, don't work on the weekends. I am still seeing my booking on the Princess website. So I may be able to print out my luggage tags, if they hurry up.

I'd be sweating it too!

Guarantee cabins are best left for the quick "OMG let's do this/it is so cheap" 7 day jaunt and not for the cruise that you've waited/pined away over for eons.

Why? You get stuck for 20 days next to the 6 AM kazoo rehearsal room and you'll be hating every second of those 20 days.

Yes those rooms exist, I'm the band leader when on board! ;):D

Derek

I'd be sweating it too!

Guarantee cabins are best left for the quick "OMG let's do this/it is so cheap" 7 day jaunt and not for the cruise that you've waited/pined away over for eons.

Why? You get stuck for 20 days next to the 6 AM kazoo rehearsal room and you'll be hating every second of those 20 days.

Yes those rooms exist, I'm the band leader when on board! ;):D

Derek

That is what this is for us, a quick 5 day booked at the flash sale price about 3 weeks ago.

I just don't understand the delay in assigning cabins since the category sold out about 2 days after we booked.

The assigning of cabins must be done by a computer program. I don't thing CSR's are sitting there deciding who will go where! :eek:

"Oh yeah, I remember them from their last cruise." "She was a bitch, let's put them near the anchor and kazoo practice room!" :D

Balconies are now sold out as well as the mini's and full suites. What the heck is taking so long? I've never had a guarantee assigned so late either.

I see the personalizer is now closed. :(

I'm puzzled why people book guarantees if they don't want to

sweat getting a cabin.

And, even though the personalizer is closed, you can still view

the boarding pass.

Even on the day of sailing when the ability to view/print has

expired, you can still view the boarding pass

by going through the personalizer with First/Last/DOB/Booking#

I'm puzzled why people book guarantees if they don't want to

sweat getting a cabin.

And, even though the personalizer is closed, you can still view

the boarding pass.

Even on the day of sailing when the ability to view/print has

expired, you can still view the boarding pass

by going through the personalizer with First/Last/DOB/Booking#

A guarantee was the only option we had booking so close to the sail date. :(

When we booked our mini suite it was $399.00 PP for a guarantee or $599.00 if you picked available mini suites. $400.00 for the two of us is enough cash incentive to wait a little to find out our cabin #. But I have NEVER had to wait until 2 days before I fly out.

I just did much the same thing today for a balcony cabin on a cruise coming up in Nov, booked a BF guarantee for $399PP plus $100PP onboard credit, within minutes I had a cabin assignment for a BB cabin just 2 or 3 cabins forward of the BA's. If I would have booked the BB directly the price would have been $539PP. Timing was right too as the guarntee BF is now up to $470 and all Ocean Views and Interiors sold out today.

p.s. last time we were on Princess lines we received a free upgrade from Obstructed Ocean view (better obstructed view cabin I checked online before booking it) to a BD balcony just 2 days before the cruise.

Edited by PenguinLife

I just did much the same thing today for a balcony cabin on a cruise coming up in Nov, booked a BF guarantee for $399PP plus $100PP onboard credit, within minutes I had a cabin assignment for a BB cabin just 2 or 3 cabins forward of the BA's. If I would have booked the BB directly the price would have been $539PP. Timing was right too as the guarntee BF is now up to $470 and all Ocean Views and Interiors sold out today.

p.s. last time we were on Princess lines we received a free upgrade from Obstructed Ocean view (better obstructed view cabin I checked online before booking it) to a BD balcony just 2 days before the cruise.

This is what I'm hoping for. Not likely to happen but I can still hope. I'm booked in to an Obstructed View (and yes, I checked renmar's site to see what the obstruction was like) and I'm hoping for an upgrade to a balcony. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sailing in the room I booked and that will be fine but...

I'm booked into an inside for Panama Canal. I'm hoping to be upgraded to an Owner's Suite. :D

Just checked with princess (12pm mst), no assignment yet, but they are assigning cabins as I type.

ME, MD, MC, are all assigned

Who told you they were assigned? I have an ME guarantee and just looked. Still no assignment. :(

Who told you they were assigned? I have an ME guarantee and just looked. Still no assignment. :(

They were all assigned, anyone that did not have a cabin yet are getting upgrades. I was actually transfered to someone in inventory control.

Told that since all the cruises are 4 or 5 day, and people are signing up as b2b, that anyone with a 9 day is a little more difficult to sort out.

Still awaiting my asssignment, told to call back thursday afternoon.

Edited by M4dC0w