Royal and Regal both leaving port on 1/18/15

sawtooth

Vickie, I have been reading your blog, it's great. We are sailing on the Royal 1/18 as well.

I was reading your blog about the wine packages. We were thinking of buying one but were put off to find out you can only purchase the wine in the MDR or Horizon Court. Don't need room service but would like to be able to purchase at Vines or a bar. What to do if the MDR isn't open yet. Also, can you get the same wines in the MDR that you can get at Vines?

Don't have a google act so could not ask you this question on your blog.

glad you like the blog, I will be blogging the entire 30 days on board the Royal.

Re the wine package, yeah you can only get the wine at the dining room and horizon court, not sure about any bar, but you may be able to pick up wine at any bar. Vines is not included in the wine card.

Vines does have a few different wines on their menu but if you want something the dining room has they should be able to get it for you from one of the nearby bars.

We have been at dinner and ordered an extra bottle to be delivered to our cabin that evening, or you could take it with you. With no issue at all. In fact we had two bottles left on our card and we had them delivered to the cabin and we gave them to friends who were on board to enjoy.

We will be getting the wine package this trip again.

see you on board.

Hi Vickie - looking forward to your blog. But?? If you're trying to compete with Jeannie, 30 days just won't cut it. :)

I am a firm believer in NOT competing... plus we are still both working full time. I love to share information with my family and friends and if it can help others than I am happy. Us cruise addicts need to stick together. I have learned so much from so many on CC and on roll calls, I am glad I can help others too.

I have sailed numerous times with Jeannie and Greg and love hearing about their adventures. I am sad that we won't be with them this year.

We did 74 days at sea last year. And that was the most sea days in a year - hate to think of the damage we will do when we retire.

Vickie

hate to think of the damage we will do when we retire.

Vickie

You definitely can't do any 'damage' when you retire. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures. Both of you deserve everything you can afford to do in retirement (hope it comes soon).

As for the comment about Jeannie - was trying to make a joke that just doesn't seem to have come over appropriately. Sorry.

You definitely can't do any 'damage' when you retire. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures. Both of you deserve everything you can afford to do in retirement (hope it comes soon).

As for the comment about Jeannie - was trying to make a joke that just doesn't seem to have come over appropriately. Sorry.

have at least 6 years before I can retire.. then who knows, but travel will definately be a part of it

The information I have indicates the Royal will be at Terminal 2 and the Regal at 21.

According to the Port Everglades website it is the opposite

REGAL PRINCESS Arrival 1/18/2015 05:00 BUOY 02 CRUISE - MULTI-DAY TBD TBD Princess Cruises, Inc. 1082.7300

ROYAL PRINCESS Arrival 1/18/2015 05:30 BUOY 21 CRUISE - MULTI-DAY TBD TBD Princess Cruises, Inc. 1082.7300

According to the Port Everglades website it is the opposite

REGAL PRINCESS Arrival 1/18/2015 05:00 BUOY 02 CRUISE - MULTI-DAY TBD TBD Princess Cruises, Inc. 1082.7300

ROYAL PRINCESS Arrival 1/18/2015 05:30 BUOY 21 CRUISE - MULTI-DAY TBD TBD Princess Cruises, Inc. 1082.7300

Thank you.

This is the official site:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/PublicMovements.aspx

...and the schedule is only available for 7 days. Last

year there was a beloved app that had a schedule that

went further into the future. It was quoted here constantly.

Eventually, it turned out that the future dates were not accurate.

...which didn't stop some posters from continuing to quote the app.

Edited by pablo222

I found that app about a week ago, it is still available on the Port Everglades website. I saw the updated official site last night after midnight and saw the berth assignments I would have expected - Regal in 2. I just checked the app and the data has been updated there as well.

According to Wikipedia, the record for Port Everglades is

15 ships on 21-December-2003.

Six seems pretty normal for a weekend day in winter.

I agree.

We ported in February 2009 with 9 other ships, one being the Oasis of the Seas and had no problems.

Mike:)

According to Wikipedia, the record for Port Everglades is

15 ships on 21-December-2003.

Six seems pretty normal for a weekend day in winter.

This is an interesting article:

http://www.mcohen.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/Editorial.html;jsessionid=2AFE9FACC4D85AB59B25963B84D70D12.tomcat2?edType=Custom+Page&pagename=port_record

I happened to be there on December 23, 2006 when the previous record had been set. It had been a nightmare. We were late getting off the ship, there were no taxis to be had and the Denver airport was a mess due to being shut down for several days due to storm.

Port Everglades Sets New Passenger Record (1/19/09)

Port Everglades set a new world record on January 3 (2009). It was announced this week when nearly 50,000 cruise passengers came in and out of the South Florida hub in one day.

This info may be outdated now. OK - came across another article that says 11/26/11 - 55,000 plus passengers were in Port Everglades. Again, may be outdated info but that is a lot of people

Edited by Coral

If you go to Google Maps and go to Satellite View the current view of the port shows the Royal and another princess ship in at same time, Oasis or Allure and four other ships at the docks. This is a great way to find out were you are going. and how to drive to right dock parking if you are driving to port.

We are going on the Royal on Nov 9, 2015 and had to make hotel reservation for the night before good way to look were hotels are located. Was able to save 40 on room cost as a Hamptons Inn 2 miles further away was a lot cheaper and had very good reviews

This picture is not current or real time but the last view that was posted. There is a way to find date but that is not import to you. Also shows road construction at other end were RCL ships dock.

Thank you.

This is the official site:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/PublicMovements.aspx

...and the schedule is only available for 7 days. Last

year there was a beloved app that had a schedule that

went further into the future. It was quoted here constantly.

Eventually, it turned out that the future dates were not accurate.

...which didn't stop some posters from continuing to quote the app.

And the app you may be referring to is still not accurate although they did update it today! The correct approach would be to check the official site no more then 7 days in advance.

[quote name='C-LAD']And the app you may be referring to is still not accurate although they did update it today! The correct approach would be to check the official site no more then 7 days in advance.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree. There was just a series of posts in the past
few weeks, where someone decided where to leave their car based
on (what I think is) inaccurate future information.

It made me cringe.