Disembark - Quick Way?

koss78b2

Will be sailing solo on Getaway out of Miami for cruise in November? anyway to get or tips to get off the ship faster on last morning?

Is it mandatory to leave luggage out and them to collect it? can i leave my bag with me and just leave ship on own?

Otherwise what should i do?

Will be sailing solo on Getaway out of Miami for cruise in November? anyway to get or tips to get off the ship faster on last morning?

Is it mandatory to leave luggage out and them to collect it? can i leave my bag with me and just leave ship on own?

Yes, you can keep your bag and walk off. The only problem with that is if you have problems carrying your own luggage (say on the stairs) as the elevators tend to be quite busy that day.

You never said if you are in a suite, but if you are and willing to carry your own luggage, you can be one of the very first people off the ship. The concierge provides this service to suite pax.

Get a luggage Porter...Much much shorter wait if any in customs..

I don't believe the porters are allowed on the ship. They are down in the terminal, available to hire after you have picked up your bags.

The OP's question was how to get off the ship quickly; for that, the correct answer is to carry off your own bags (do not put them out the night before) and you will be in the first group called to leave the ship.

I don't believe the porters are allowed on the ship. They are down in the terminal, available to hire after you have picked up your bags.

The OP's question was how to get off the ship quickly; for that, the correct answer is to carry off your own bags (do not put them out the night before) and you will be in the first group called to leave the ship.

Going through customs can add a lot of time getting out of the terminal. I know the OP asked about getting off the ship, but I assume getting out of the terminal quickly would be more important than just getting on actual land.

On our last cruise, getting a porter after departing the ship saved us about an hour in line.

Agree. I was speaking in terms of a quicker full debarking process

Good point, mjkacmom. While we've never been sent to customs inspection, and never had more than a cursory collection of the forms at any port, I could imagine that if you were sent to customs it would help to have a porter.

Just to clarify, everyone has to go through customs. The porters come into play in some ports. They have a separate line for guests using porters and do not line up with the masses waiting in the normal line. This can save a lot of time in getting through and on your way.

And self disembarkation is the second group off the ship. First is suites and VIP's, once they are clear, self walk off begin.

• 4 weeks later...
Just to clarify, everyone has to go through customs. The porters come into play in some ports. They have a separate line for guests using porters and do not line up with the masses waiting in the normal line. This can save a lot of time in getting through and on your way.

And self disembarkation is the second group off the ship. First is suites and VIP's, once they are clear, self walk off begin.

So if you are in a suite you can send your bags down the night before and still be ahead of the people who walk off???

I recently disembarked the Getaway. You can walk off with your own bags sometimes starting as early as 7:15. We did it around 7:45 and no problems with the elevators. Walked right off and went through customs pretty quickly. I was at MIA by 8:30.

No one who left their luggage out the night before were allowed to leave the ship yet.