Cows milk

weylady

Hi we prefer tea in our cabin but with real milk and not with the little cartons you have free in your cabin. Can you buy milk at the on board shop or can you suggest anything else. I know i sound fussy but tea doesn't taste the same otherwise. :o

Hi we prefer tea in our cabin but with real milk and not with the little cartons you have free in your cabin. Can you buy milk at the on board shop or can you suggest anything else. I know i sound fussy but tea doesn't taste the same otherwise. :o

no milk in shops

'borrow' some from the buffet at breakfast, they have at least full cream and semi skimmed in little urns next to the cereal. Take the mug full back to your cabin and stick it in the fridge! or decant into a container of your choice :)

ps - they don't have 'real' milk aboard ship. to do that they would need a cow and where would they keep it. In the Cows Nest of course :D

I hate those little sachets too - I take Cravendale Pure filtered milk which has longer dates and keeps fresh for 7 days once opened. Explanation is that it has been extra filtered to remove the bacteria which turn milk off. Whatever - it does work. I take two bottles, one for each week.

Tesco do a similar one, but I haven't tested theirs.

Yes, it's more expensive, but for us it is well worth it.

Edited by Scriv

Now its irks me to say this (i'm a milklady whose livelihood relies on people getting milk delivered!), if your cruise is going to spain , gib, Portugal, fresh milk is easy to get from the supermarkets there.:D fridges in cabin not cold enough to store milk for too many days, at least I wouldn't. much better to get small amount every few days.

Hi, sometimes we've ordered breakfast in our cabin with extra milk so we keep the jug in our fridge. :)

We too like fresh milk and were disappointed that there was no whole milk on the cruise. It was semi skimmed or skimmed only. Apparently the oriana doesn't carry whole milk. We bought our own and kept it in the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums