Music at the Serenity area??

MaiTaiMary

I really dislike constant background music. :( I was hoping to get a lot of use out of the Serenity area so I could read. I just discovered that there is music here too. True???

On the sunshine we could hear everything going on at the lido pool area unless we went to the very upper deck and went as far as possible from the area. That deck was lovely.

It was windy and I cannot remember loud music there, we were able to read without problem except for one day when winds were so strong it was uncomfortable.

Fantasy class ships, yes they play music. It seems that some people (Carnival) have a different idea of what serene is vs. people like me. To me, serenity would be an area where I can have a smoke, not have to put up with drunks and bars, crying babies, and loud music....vs. Carnival who thinks it will be serene if you take away kids from the area. This is not true.:rolleyes:

so music? depends on the ship. serene? depends on the crowd.

On the Inspiration and the Imagination guests often bring their mp3 players with external speakers that crank out the volume. When it was pointed out to them by crew that they were in the Serenity Area the crew were told "on Carnival that only means adults only." I have witnessed this conversation more than once on these 4 day cruises. To be fair the inclusion of two hot tubs in the area is hardly conducive to serene moments. What was Carnival thinking when they put hot tubs there, that people would have Zen like experiences in the hot tubs and sip mineral water brought to them by the bar staff?

At least on the Miracle the Serenity Area has a pool and the hot tubs are raised off the deck and the entire area on Spirit Class vessels is much larger than that on the Fantasy Class ships.

OP, the one i was on a couple months ago, there was music, but it wasnt loud. i had to actually pay attention to even notice it was there.

Can anyone specifically describe the Serenity Deck on the Magic? We will be on it in February. Is there a pool or just hot tubs?

this is the one i was on. no pool, 2 hottubs.

The only cruise I've been on with a Serenity area was on a Spirit class ship, the Legend, and I honestly don't remember music there, but unlike the other class ships, the Serenity area is away from the other pools. I can't tell you what to expect. Which ship will you be sailing on?

The music was fairly loud music on the serenity deck on the liberty. That was not too annoying, but when the DJ played on the Lido deck it was atrocious. Both music sources were playing at the same time, and it was impossible to relax and read. I asked Guest Services if they could shut down the serenity music or lower the volume of the DJ, but they said it was against policy. The noise was okay near the front of the ship, but those areas did not have any shade. We ended up spending very little time in the "serenity" area.

The music was fairly loud music on the serenity deck on the liberty. That was not too annoying, but when the DJ played on the Lido deck it was atrocious. Both music sources were playing at the same time, and it was impossible to relax and read. I asked Guest Services if they could shut down the serenity music or lower the volume of the DJ, but they said it was against policy. The noise was okay near the front of the ship, but those areas did not have any shade. We ended up spending very little time in the "serenity" area.

It was the same on our Freedom cruise, could hear the loud music from the lido deck DJ.

On the Spirit class ships, the water slide is right next to Serenity area.

Hardly serene, which is defined as calm, peaceful and untroubled;tranquil.

They should just call it the Kid Free Zone.

Can anyone specifically describe the Serenity Deck on the Magic? We will be on it in February. Is there a pool or just hot tubs?

The Serenity Deck on the Dream Class ship is located on the 15 floor Aft which means you either have to take two flights of stairs and make your way past the Water Works Park or enter the spa area and climb the spiral stairs OR wait for a 2/3 person elevator.

It's small and shaped like a horseshoe.

There is very little shade. There is a bar there but only on one side. One hot tub on either side.

You're more likely to find 'serenity' more accessible on deck five or on deck 11 outside the Cucina Del Capitano.

On the Inspiration and the Imagination guests often bring their mp3 players with external speakers that crank out the volume. When it was pointed out to them by crew that they were in the Serenity Area the crew were told "on Carnival that only means adults only." I have witnessed this conversation more than once on these 4 day cruises. To be fair the inclusion of two hot tubs in the area is hardly conducive to serene moments. What was Carnival thinking when they put hot tubs there, that people would have Zen like experiences in the hot tubs and sip mineral water brought to them by the bar staff?

While I didn't have to deal with people bringing their speakers out on the Imagination last week, I DID get to 'enjoy' folks partying it up in the hot tub, and then as soon as they left, a foursome of loud and extraordinarily argumentative card players showed up. All I wanted to do was relax with my drink and a book for a bit while we were in port. Never did get my serenity. :( But hey, there wasn't any music! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on the Miracle several times! We always end up in the Serenity area there. We have never had anyone playing music out loud!! I would certainly ask someone to stop or tell passenger services about it if someone was there playing music out loud!! It is not the atmosphere that we would expect! Even in other parts of the ship if someone were playing their own music or playing a musical instrument( like a guitar) and it was disturbing you can go to passenger services and they would do something about it! IF you don't tell the right people the problem then NO one can solve it for you!! Just telling a bartender about it is not the way to get the issue resolved.