Balcony for California coastal

lolane1

I am thinking of booking the California Coast for eary April next year. Traveling by myself but really want my usual Caribe balcony room. My question is, What is the weather like on the water at that time of the year? Areas would include San Francisco, San Diego, Ensenata, etc. Since I will be solo, is it worth the expense weather wise? Thanks.

I am thinking of booking the California Coast for eary April next year. Traveling by myself but really want my usual Caribe balcony room. My question is, What is the weather like on the water at that time of the year? Areas would include San Francisco, San Diego, Ensenata, etc. Since I will be solo, is it worth the expense weather wise? Thanks.

April is the end of our "Rainy Season"...what there is of it...

Annual rainfall here is only about 11 inches per year (I'm in SoCal...Yeah, it's more in San Francisco)...So, there COULD be some rain or some cooler weather...but still, chances are better that the temps will be moderate and skies will be sunny...It really doesn't rain all that much in April ever...By May, it doesn't really rain at all--unless it's some freak once-in-a-decade El Nino thing...

The ocean is a moderating force on weather--and coastal areas here are, likewise, fairly moderate--it never gets too hot or too cold along the coast...

So, basically, your balcony should be VERY usable. You MAY have to wear a sweater or sweatshirt out there some days on your trip...but it will be very nice and very relaxing...If YOUR shipboard lifestyle usually involves spending time on your balcony, by all means book it here...

We are doing a 3-nighter in November--just before Thanksgiving...Did the same last year and had a Carib Deck balcony. This November, we got a balcony again--even though November is the beginning of our "Rainy Season"...as it were...

We had perfect weather last year and expect it again this year...Heck, we've cruised from LA November/December/January several times...and only once did we encounter rain...

Have fun...

Thank you everyone. You have definitively answered my question and yes, I will book that balcony. Shredie, ah yes, I forgot about those sea creatures! Great point. And Jasbo, thanks for the link. It suggested looking at aft balconies which I will do. :)

Thank you Bruin. We were posting at the same time, so I didn't read your info until now. You again sealed the deal for me and I just booked an aft balcony (less wind) which was suggested on the thread from Jasbo. So, thank you all.

It should be a great cruise.