New to RC, what to expect?

latitude918

Hi there. The DW and I are looking into booking our first cruise with RC. We have only ever cruised with Carnival. I was curious, what are some of the differences between the two lines? What can I expect to be better? What can I expect to be done differently? I am probably opening up myself to a lot of joke answers, but we'll see :p

Thanks in advance for the information :)

A lot really depends on which Carnival ships you have sailed and which RCI ships you are looking at. There is a huge difference between sailing on a 3 night Majesty cruise and a 7 night Allure cruise. While there are pros and cons to both, they are just very very different.

Its been a while since I have been on Carnival but when you compare similar ships and itineraries there really are a lot more similarities than differences. Go in with reasonable expectations and you will have an enjoyable trip.

After 11 Carnival cruises, my wife and I plus extended family just got off the Freedom of the Seas.

I honestly didn't see much difference. Service is the same, food basically the same, on board shops and scam sales the same.

Layout of the ship and pools are different. Some good differences, some just different.

Found the people to be pretty much the same. Black, white, brown, pink and purple. Some skinny, some well built, some fluffy, some drinkers, some non drinkers.

If anything, I found the people to be a bit more pretentious on Royal. That may be because the different levels of loyalty perks actually causes a class system if you will.

Either wY, you'll have a great time.

Hi there. The DW and I are looking into booking our first cruise with RC. We have only ever cruised with Carnival. I was curious, what are some of the differences between the two lines? What can I expect to be better? What can I expect to be done differently? I am probably opening up myself to a lot of joke answers, but we'll see :p

Thanks in advance for the information :)

No room service breakfast on the final morning :(

This is one of the things I like about Carnival.

I find RC, Carnival and Princess to be similar when comparing the same size ships. Of course no other cruise line has the Oasis size ships so that puts it in a class by itself.

Expound further if you don't mind...

It was just a feeling or a vib if you will.

My wife and I booked a GS. A GS gives you access to a consierge, access to the consierge lounge, and reserved seating.

Just got a vib from others that since they were receiving these additional perks that they were in a higher social class. Just from the questions people were asking during normal conversation to overhearing conversations going on around you. Just uncomfortable.

Maybe just me.

Then again, as Garth Brooks says,,, I've got friends in low places