Talk to me about Fantasy (please)

carmel

Short background

We've been on 3 Carnival cruises - Holiday, Pride and Sunshine. We adored the Sunshine. We've sailed NCL, Princess and RCCL.

We are currently booked on an NCL ship but will probably have to cancel that cruise and switch over to the Fantasy for next June (7 day, GT, HMC and Nassau).

Will probably be cruising with my parents and will be taking our three girls (ages 17, 12, and 4). We've been to GT and Nassau.

Would love impressions of the ship/is it good for 'family'/how is the food/.....etc.

Thank you!!!

I was on it last year and had no complaints. Great ship, old but clean and in great condition. Food was same ole' CCL food, not bad but nothing to brag about. The only drawback is the way the port is. It's a little unusual parking in a warehouse and riding a bus to the port.

There are many posts about the Fantasy embarkation issues. I have been on her 5 times with 2 more cruises booked. She is old but in great shape. The staff is great and never had any issues with them. The food is the same as other ships and I have never left hungry. I love HMC as a port and can't wait to go back but do remember that is a tender port and if the weather/seas are rough at all it will be cancelled.

The only balconies are suites, if you are interested in that, and they are small. It is a very easy ship to get around and know you will have a great time.

We just got back a week ago from our first cruise, which was on the Fantasy. Keep in mind, I don't have anything to compare it to but I am now a CRUISE ADDICT!! I loved it all, the entertainment, the food, the experience, the ports and the people. The only thing I can think of that I wasn't impressed with was debarking, in the future if I sail her again I would do the self debark. We didn't get off to the car until 10:30 and were ready to leave around 8am. Hope you have a great time on her as well!