Corking fee stamp at check-in?

dazee8

When we took wine on our last cruise, I had 2 bottles I paid corkage on. No stickers on them, which made me uncomfortable.... how could they tell the corkage-paid vs the non-paid, right? When I asked, I was told "oh we know". To me, that didn't sound like any kind of reasonable answer ;)

Yes, we have encountered this too on previous cruises. They just count up how many bottles you have and have you sign the corkage slip, but no stamp or sticker. Sometimes there wasn't a corkage slip at all or stamps, they just took your name and cabin number on a long list.

On our last cruise this summer to the Caribbean on Princess they used a blue sea witch Princess logo stamp for each corkage paid bottle. They also had you sign a bar slip which they remind you to keep handy to show corkage has been paid.

Interesting how there is no set protocol yet for this policy, but they certainly have the payment procedure in place. :).

Arrived somewhat early to Black Falcon terminal in Boston on September 13, and security could see my two wine bottles I'd brought from my home cellar and were all set to point me to the wine check-in area but no one was there yet so they just sent me through with a shrug. I just gave my room card in the dining room to pay the corkage as I had in the past.

They are not suppose to stop you when you have only 2 bottles as the rule indicates that each adult is allowed to bring on a bottle of wine without paying the corkage fee.

There would be the corkage fee regardless as she chose to drink her own wine in the MDR. That always calls for corkage fee.

Edited by sail7seas

There would be the corkage fee regardless as she chose to drink her own wine in the MDR. That always calls for corkage fee.

Exactly - the "freebies" (1 per adult) are intended for consumption in your cabin. When you take it to another venue, you are charged a corkage fee.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)