There are three Allegrissimo packages - which to choose?

KennesawKenn

We are sailing in the Divina to the Caribbean November 1 – 8. The Allegrissimo packages interest me, especially since there will be plenty of sea days. The Escape package (15 vouchers) is $72. There are two "unlimited" packages for lushes like me :D The Classic is $308 and the premium is $399. If drinks average $8 I must consume 39 drinks to break even (by the way that’s about 10,000 calories):mad: Someone posted a copy of the European bar menu – prices were in Euros … and it seemed inclusive of most everything but very high end scotch. Anyone used this package? Is my math right? Your thoughts? :confused:

The Premium package-easily. Remember that IT includes all the special drinks in the Spa, Gelato, The Mini-Bar, specialty coffee drinks and no extra room service charges. As well as Red Bull, Gatorade... EVERYTHING except an entire bottle of wine or liquor. No brainer... If you sip one Blue Label after dinner each night you've almost 1/2 there! Personally, I'm excited to be able to try ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I don't have to finish it. And if you purchase pre-cruise you don't have to pay the 15% service charge. It's YOUR vacation. Enjoy it!

I would have to agree that, for American cruises, the Premium Allegrissimo is great value for the extra $$$. Not so much on European sailings where, at the moment, the basic package is €23 pppd and €42 pppd for premium - almost double the price!

I would have to agree that, for American cruises, the Premium Allegrissimo is great value for the extra $$$. Not so much on European sailings where, at the moment, the basic package is €23 pppd and €42 pppd for premium - almost double the price!

Yes, completely agree.

Were I sailing in the US I'd go for the premium, but never in Europe. The basic package is much better value on the European cruises.

just got off the Divina. Had the basic package $308. It was perfect it included red bull, Gatorade specialty coffee. I did not see any use for the premium unless you like the top brand liquors or the specialty juice. I was given cans unopened to take back to my room.

:confused::confused:

just got off the Divina. Had the basic package $308. It was perfect it included red bull, Gatorade specialty coffee. I did not see any use for the premium unless you like the top brand liquors or the specialty juice. I was given cans unopened to take back to my room.

For myself and my husband it isn't a very good deal. Though the only thing that would interest him was the scotch/whiskey (I think it was Johnny Walker) that was $22 per shot. That would be his only way to get his money's worth from the premium package.

We bought the vouchers instead - for $144 I get 30 drinks, which is 4 a day (plus 2 extra), which for me is way more than enough. For another $72 I could make it 6 drinks a day. I would never order that many drinks on a given day.

I don't drink beer, wine, specialty coffee's and I could care less about gelato and pastries.

Just noticed on the MSC website that they have updated the beverage packages and pricing. The premium package in the Caribean has gone up $4 a day to $61.

They were flagged to increase from the Winter sailings. In Europe, the Allegrissimo basic is increasing from €23 to €26; the Premium from €42 to €47. I believe the hotel charge is also being increased.

Cruisin' Dad, I've just had a look at the US site and can't see the prices - it may be because I'm not in the US. I'm trying to find out how much the Premium package will be on the Preziosa TA from Brazil. The prices aren't quoted on the Ireland site and I believe the price is a little higher than for other itineraries.

I've had a look at the UK site - the prices haven't increased there, yet.